Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home

This topic has been moved to 8mm Forum.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Lubricating "Green" Film

Author Topic: Lubricating "Green" Film
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2003 02:00 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any household products that,if in an emergency, will get rid of the "chatter" often associated with new or dry film? A local theatre owner told me WD-40 would work if rubbed sparingly on the sprocket side of the reel, but someone told me "WD" is pure junk. What do you think fellas?

|  IP: Logged

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2003 06:28 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following advice by another collector, I use a good brand spray polish (Mr Sheen or Pleadge in the UK) to polish all the internal rubbing surfaces of my projectors. This seems to need redoing every ten reels or so: in an emergency I spray polish directly onto leader and run it through the projector.

In fact, I now just clean films (Witner's Prof. cleaner) and keep the projectors lubricated with polish. This puts much less goo on the films, and only where it is needed.

--------------------
Tim

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 16, 2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Please make sure you are in the proper forum before making a post.

Moving to the 8mm Forum.

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC