8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » GS on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS on ebay
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 10, 2004 01:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,
Having just shelled out for a GS Xenon [Smile] I have decided to part with one of my std GS's. It's in great condition and just had a thorough overhaul.
Best for UK or Europe as its not multi-voltage version.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3385590474

Kev

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2004 11:56 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev.,
you wrote: "This machine also incorporates the famous Elmo ESS pulse sync system for transferring soundtracks to film at 18 and 24 fps.". But it's a first or second version, and I remember it is not able to synchronize at 24 ft/s. Right?

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 11, 2004 01:07 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ugo,
The ESS works at both 18 & 24 FPS with no probs at all. I have never seen a GS yet that doesnt work at both speeds. I think this was a myth.
My very fisrt GS which was one of the very early machines from the first batches also worked at both speeds so I dont know where this all originated from.
Definately no probs with this one which is a v1.5 [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2004 11:35 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine are both early machines too, not sure whether they are ver 1 or 1.5 [Wink] but on both of them you can use the ESS at 18 and 24fps. In the instruction manuals there is an addendum pasted in saying that the ESS will work at both speeds although in the body of the text it states that it will only work at 18fps. I wonder whether they all, always worked at both speeds but there was a misprint in the instruction manual that gave rise to the rumour?

Just a thought [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2004 04:44 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the italian owner manual there is the same thing. The projector is able to synchronize at 18 ft/s only. But into the manual for the latest version there is a paper which extends this function to 24 ft/s.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 13, 2004 12:12 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thats what was in the manual for my early machine and yes there was also this pasted in addendum saying that it worked with both speeds. As I said earlier I have never seen a machine where it only worked on 18fps. Looks like it was a missprint. In the later instruction manuals which show the rear facing loop former lever on the front cover it doesnt mention speed at all from waht I can see.
Kev.

--------------------

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2004 01:59 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev

Just waiting for a cresta interface to try mine,,,,,,

Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC