8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo Super 8 w/ sound and Elmo ST-180E Film Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Super 8 w/ sound and Elmo ST-180E Film Projector
Rick Braaten
Junior

- posted July 02, 2004 10:25 AM      Profile for Rick Braaten   Email Rick Braaten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have a Elmo ST-180E fil projector and a Elmo 260S-XL super 8 with sound for sale. I do not know a lot about the value of these items. I have not been able to find anything on the web to put a value on these items. The film projector has never been used. The cord is still tied up with the original tie. It is in mint condition. The camera has been turned one once. I put batteries in it to see if it would turn on and everthing works fine. I have the box for the camera, but not the projector. These items are in mint condition. I am asking for some advice on what to sell these items for, as I am new to this, and this is the only place I have been able to find any information. Thanks in advance.

Rick Braaten
rick@csscom.net or
ex1@nc.rr.com

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 02, 2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rick,
All Elmo projectors are top of the line equipment, with the most desirable model being the GS1200 (which usually go for $1000.00-$2500 (depending on exact specs), followed by the ST1200HD which can go for about $400.00-$500.00. The ST180 series are basically the entry level Elmo's, lacking the high wattage lamps and large spool capacity of the GS1200 and ST1200 machines. Expect to get about $250.00 for a machine in good condition, maybe $300.00 for a mint machine. As far as the camera goes, don't expect too much at all. If you break $100.00 you will be doing well.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Rick Braaten
Junior

- posted July 02, 2004 01:44 PM      Profile for Rick Braaten   Email Rick Braaten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

Thanks you for your reply, I have a friend that is interested in these items and did not want to overcharge him or not sell it for what its worth. I have had these items for about 6 years now. I found them at a consigent shop for $25 and have had them sitting in my closet collecting dust. So if I could get that much for them that would be great.

Thanks again. [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 04, 2004 11:56 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently sold an Elmo ST180 E in mint condition for $250 as a buy it now. This came in the original box with the instructions and cleaning kit.
Good luck!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC