8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo 1.0 Lens wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 1.0 Lens wanted
Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2004 04:11 PM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, looking for an 1.0 lens for my GS.
Anyone left?

Dimitri

|  IP: Logged

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 12:55 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitri,

If you find more than one please send me an email, I'd be interested in experimenting with one too.

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 04:33 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime John!
However I'm afraid not many are willing to sell theirs [Frown] .
Alternatively, I'd like to experiment with a 1.1 Schneider.
Used to have it on a T-610 Bauer with unsatisfactory results, but read reports that with the Elmo gate it performs much better..

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 06, 2004 10:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The Schneider f1.1 xenovaron is a superb lens. On all my tests it gives approx 80 lux more than the Elmo 1.1 that has been the case when checked agains four of the Elmo lenses.
It brings the Xenovaron somewhere between the Elmo 1.1 and 1.0. The other thing I like about the Schneider lenese is that they give a slightly cooler image compared to the Elmo optics which allways seem to project the image a bit more yellow in colour.
Superb image sharpness too but then I think they give a little more contrast over the Elmo's.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 11:55 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Impressive facts! Thank you so much Kev! Does the Xenovaron need a special bayonet adaptation to fit the GS? I know of two different versions of it, one for the Bauer T-610 and the other for the Beaulieu 708 EL with different bayonet. Which one is suitable?
btw, I'm very happy to meet you all here [Big Grin]

[ November 06, 2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Dimitrios Kremalis ]

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 11:55 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I had a good lens... [Frown] [Frown]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 06, 2004 09:52 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 1.1 in my St-1200, would a 1.0 be noticably brighter. Kev, are saying the 1.1 schneider would be as good or better than the Elmo 1.0? [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 07, 2004 12:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No the Xenovaron 1.1 is about midway between the Elmo f1.1 and f1.0. Personally I dont like the Elmo 1.o lens as the depth of focus is so critical that you spend all your time refocussing the lens during a show.
For the xenovaron lens you need to find a straight barrelled version of 28mm. Phil Sheard can sell you a sleeve that takes this lens and fits the Elmo.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 01:00 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Must be my eyesight but with many films I don't seem to have this problem with the 1.0 and focus. I do find the colour of the light to be "yellower" with this lens than the schneider.

--------------------
Tony

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 04:13 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, by saying 28mm you mean the Bauer barrel n'est ce pas? Could you provide me plz with some contact details (e-mail, tel.) of Phil Sheard, as I hear this name for the first time..

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 09, 2004 06:08 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitrios, yes the lens needs to have the straight (no thread etc) 28mm barrel.
You can get Phils contact details from his web site along with lots of other interesting items.

Kev.

http://valueservices.org/classichomecinema/

--------------------

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2004 08:11 PM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much! [Smile]

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2004 01:19 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About the match Elmo lens Schneider:I think it's impossible to give a definitive answer.
I had in my hands more than 15 Elmo 1.1 and 5/6 Schneider 1.1.For both the lens I have to say the quality isn't costant!
I have an 1.1 Elmo wonderful! clear, sharpness, with a superb focus! and a 1.1 that... oh! similar to bottom af a glass full of grease! It's hard to think these two lens are "the same" lens!
Something of similar about the 1.1 Schneider.
So if you do the match: the best Elmo vs the worst Schneider, wins... the Elmo; if you do the contrary, wins...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 13, 2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I do agree with you. But I have to say that many years ago the Widescreen centre in London were selling Schneider lenses in sleves and they said exactly the same thing. Certainly my Schneider 1.1 has come out better than all the Elmo 1.1s I have tested unless I have a very good specimen of the schneider which I hasten to add only cost me £40 off ebay because it had been listed in the wrong place (camera lenses) and didnt get any other bids.

Kev [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC