8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Stereo Projector! **SOLD***

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Stereo Projector! **SOLD***
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 04, 2005 07:40 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All!
Well...im getting out of the hobby so I have to sell my GS1200. [Frown]
Ok..April Fools!
I got a series II machine and I can't be greedy so I have to let this one go. It is a wonderful machine. Very well taken care of.. quiet, always threads. I haven't had one problem with this machine at all. And for a GS.. that is saying a lot!
Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3879432507

It is truly in great condition and it purrs like a little kitten. And yes.. I did try the record functions. And they work! [Smile]
 -

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2005 09:04 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
im getting out of the hobby
Why are you doing a so horrible thing? I cannot think myself without the super 8...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 05, 2005 09:11 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just asking myself that, too. [Eek!] That's one BEAUTIFUL machine, though (I've not seen such a large-scale photo of a GS1200 before) [Smile] I actually just saw your eBay auction, didn't know you were the seller [Cool]

So are you really getting out for good? Will you have more stuff for sale, then? [Confused]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 05, 2005 11:06 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All!
Just kidding about leaving the hobby. I have another GS1200 and It would be greedy to keep 2 of them! (and too expensive!)
I love this hobby...can't you tell? [Smile]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 05, 2005 11:12 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rik, for the oppotrunity to buy this great looking machine. [Smile] I've been keeping watch for one for some time now. Can't wait to try it out. [Big Grin]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 05, 2005 02:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

Congratulations on getting such a well cared for GS-1200! Any chance that the first feature you'll thread up will be a "Carry On" title? [Smile]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 05, 2005 02:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, looks like the first feature will be Thunderball optical. Thanks to Paul Foster. I usually have a party type get together with the kids and friends. Snacks, dog biscuits and kitty treats for some and people food for the humans. Funny how the pets gather round the screening room when popcorn starts up! [Big Grin]

P.S. Still looking for a Carry On feature. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 05, 2005 03:26 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say one thing for Alan- he really knows how to sell his stuff. What great photos and write up! A lesson for all ebay sellers. How do you get that shine on the projector Alan?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 05, 2005 03:51 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Alan probably used an ArmorAll Wipe. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2005 05:01 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your GS1200 Dan... Alan, you should had advertised it here first and saved yourself the hefty eBay fee.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2005 05:22 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your GS caused a bit of chatter on the film shooting forum; http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8799&sid=a9a2f7538093de4f4200c64f272b19ab

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 06, 2005 12:58 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I loved that machine~! And I used Baby wipes to get the shine! LOL!
This is the machine that I was talking about being the best GS I have owned. It is definitely the quietest running of the ones I had. And it has very nice sound as well. GS's machines are like cars in a way I suppose. A Series II machine with a hard life will not be as nice as a very well taken care of Series I. Even with all the improvements that were made. I was watching some Winnie the Pooh film the other day putting the machine through its final paces and during a quiet scene I heard the GS quietly clicking away. Man.. I love that sound. We are a wierd bunch aren't we?
[Smile]
Oh Dan, one thing about the optical soundtracks on Super 8.. they sound ok.. but they definitely dont sound as good as magnetic. However most of the optical prints are very sharp and look fantastic.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2005 02:25 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

I will pay you double what Dan Paid you [Big Grin]

Well, I was with Mike at a Lightwater Cine Fest yesterday. Sadly the weather and illness got the best of the other 3 so we had a play with the GS and commented on how reliable they are despite the comments of others. such a shame as Mike had even brought his stripper along

That was of course until it stopped working (lol) and the odd thing is that when Mike left it started working again [Roll Eyes]

It sort of went to sleep and acted as if Pedro's unit was connected in the wait position but seems ok for now. Kev.......

So, anyway, the point of this rambling was to say that YES use an armorall wipe on your GS, joking apart it really brings them up well but just keep it away from the lens. [Eek!]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2005 03:13 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Tony has already mentioned, yesterdays Lightwater gathering truely was a 'mini' cine fest [Big Grin] . It meant that Tony and I had the undivided attention of Rexette the Stripper though so it wasn't all bad [Roll Eyes] .

On the subject of GS 1200s - mine is a version 1 and I have no complaints at all. I bought it several years ago from Uncle Ian at Perrys and apart from a minor blip when it was making a static type noise that was traced by Kev and Bill Parsons to dirty record switches, it has never given me any trouble.

It has had the Capacitor update done and this I would strongly recommend Dan, if you are planning to use yours for recording.

Enjoy [Wink]

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 06, 2005 08:50 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have to say the pics were great. Do I suspect that the specs came form a certain Japanese publicity bookelt Alan? [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 06, 2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always knew GS1200'S had to be babied, but wiping them with baby wipes! [Roll Eyes] What next, carrying them around in prams? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 06, 2005 04:11 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Just what kind of parents are you folks anyway, making your poor babies do all the hard work showing movies! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 07, 2005 02:02 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

I have to say.. you are sharp as a tack! [Smile] Dead on!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC