8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » cinie camera wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cinie camera wanted
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2005 03:29 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know the best place to buy a top S8 camera from?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2005 04:26 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

I honestly think Ebay is your best bet. I've bought far too many cameras off Ebay and have only been unlucky once or perhaps twice. I recently bought an all singing all dancing Sankyo XLS620 for 9 euro. When it arrived I was amazed to find that it was in perfect condition. I have also bought several Elmo cameras off Ebay and again been very fortunate.

If you want to check some cameras over before you buy then there are several shops in and around London but you pay a premium, my favoutite cine stockists are 'Photographica' in Arundel, West Sussex and 'The Hailsham Camera Centre' in Hailsham, East Sussex, both offer expert service at a price far less than the London shops.

You should also check out the conventions, I often see decent super and 16mm cameras for sale at the BFCC, in fact I will have some my self up for sale at the May convention on the stall I am hoping to share with the Lightwater bunch!

If you really are wanting top stuff and have the money to spend, then check out the 'Wide Screen Centre' or 'Lees', they'll be happy to take all the money you can throw at them [Wink] , but you will get a nice camera and with back up too.

Happy hunting

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2005 03:33 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike,

I'll check them out, I am tempted by a Nizo with B function as it has a intervalometer built in and does the exposure, so no messinig about with a light meter. Leica have always been a favorite I have a C3 and Minilux 35mm still cameras so a Leicina would be hard to resist. Got digital and video too, come to think of it It's been so long I don't know where that video camera is, still never mind.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2005 05:09 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I recently bought a Bauer T510 projector from a guy in Holland. He also had a Nizo 6056 camera for sale. It comes with a nice Schneider-Kreuznach zoom lens (and I think a second very short lens (otherwise he couldn't get the Eifel tower in one shot) comes with it too). The projector was in very good state and the camera looked fine too (but I don't know much about camera's). You can probably get the camera for a reasonable price. Drop me an email if you want to get in touch with him.

- Rob

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2005 02:32 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is not a film makers forum but I finally bought a Nizo Professional, if any one is interested I will let you know if it is everything I might have hoped for.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 16, 2005 04:40 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Who said it's not a film makers forum? Mark this is the "8mm Forum" and every thing to do with 8mm can be talked about quite freely on here so go on post away. The actual "8mm Forum" will be the right palce to post. [Smile] and yes we want to hear all about your findings.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2005 04:56 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I'm always interested to hear about super 8 equipment whether it be projectors or cameras, almost as much as I am the films.

Go for it Mark! [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC