8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO GS-1200 STEREO with rare ELMO 1.2/25-50mm lens for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO GS-1200 STEREO with rare ELMO 1.2/25-50mm lens for sale
Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2005 06:29 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I am selling an ELMO GS-1200 STEREO with the rare ELMO 1:1,2/25-50mm lens on eBay. The machine is in excellent condition and has not been used very often. The former owner did only use it for showing his holiday home movies from time to time.

The item number is 5768522352.

Maybe someone is interested in this nice machine.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 18, 2005 09:52 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch... [Eek!] Say it isn't so! A GS1200, just for showing private home movies? Probably from the 50ft reels they come on, too! What a waste! [Roll Eyes]
Well I take solace in knowing this machine will find a more appreciative owner soon [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2005 02:48 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan,

I did buy his complete estate, including the movies he shot himself. He has made very insteresting movies, most of them on full 240m-reels. I want to keep these movies, because they are nearly professionally made with music on the main track and commentary on the second track. These are no amateur movies like many others (holidays with wife and children, birthday parties, christmas, etc.) but rather documentary films with many informations about country and people.

He shot on 16mm, too and the quality of his 16mm movies is outstanding. He made a film about his educational journey to Istanbul on 16mm. This movie has a sound stripe applied and on this track he has recorded commentary mixed with music. He even made some films in sort of CinemaScope (1.5x). If the 16mm KODAK film stock would not be so expensive and the 16mm cameras not that heavy, I would rather shoot on 16mm, because the quality is that much superior compared with super8mm.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 19, 2005 07:11 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... I take it all back. [Eek!]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2005 03:47 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

the machine has been SOLD.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC