8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Introduction, and a sale/auction (GS-1200) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Introduction, and a sale/auction (GS-1200)
Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 07, 2006 12:54 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
I have already introduced myself in the 16mm section (I joined the forum a few weeks ago) but here it is again for the 8mm-only folks [Smile]

My name is Mitsos (nickname for Dimitris) and I live in New York. I am a film enthusiast, both 8mm and 16mm. I make my own home films, and I am also interested in expanding my current (limited, very limited) collection of Super-8 films (I particularly love Buster Keaton).

Anyway, I am posting in the "For Sale" because I also happen to have a friend who asked me to sell a brand new Elmo GS-1200 for him on Ebay. If you remember a few weeks ago there was talk of someone coming across a bunch of brand new Elmos in a flea market in Saudi Arabia... Well, that was my friend...

I wanted to give the readers of this forum a "heads up" about the auction which will become active tomorrow. It can be seen here:
ELMO GS-1200

Please feel free to grill me with questions. I will do the best I can to answer them as accurately as I can.

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 07, 2006 01:51 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it you've submitted the auction but it's not scheduled to start until tomorrow. [Smile] Tried going there and eBay claims it was either removed or is invalid. (Which totally does not make sense.) [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 07, 2006 02:25 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have met Mitsos as that is how I got my great machine-
He is a very nice guy and the machine that I have is in 100% working order and I do have to say...the best GS I have owned to date. Smooth running and like he says...New! [Smile]
If you are interested you should email him. The other GS machine that he has is running very smoothly as well AND its multi voltage AND it comes with the little 50ft Elmo Test Film AND the Remote AND the cover AND the cleaning kit AND the Box AND the manual and the 800ft Take UP Reel! And maybe the Microphone too!
Good luck Mitsos!

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 07, 2006 02:47 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I take it you've submitted the auction but it's not scheduled to start until tomorrow.
Yes, indeed...
I thought that by disclosing the URL, others would have the ability to view the details and pictures even though the auction has not started. Dang...

Ok, let me put up a quick preview for you guys... Be back in a few... [Smile]

Alan - thank you for your kind words [Smile]

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 07, 2006 03:08 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, Dimitris, eBay only allows the seller to view a scheduled auction. Only Dimitris can view it. Of course everyone can see it when it starts. [Smile] I tried to post a scheduled auction here last year and no one could view it except me. [Frown]

[ May 07, 2006, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 07, 2006 03:23 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I saved the preview as a PDF file and I have uploaded it here:

http://homepage.mac.com/mitsaoua/elmo/FileSharing4.html

FYI: it is 13 MB file.

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 07, 2006 04:05 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starts Monday at 2:30pm EDT ..... Bummer. I'll be at work and somebody will probably slam that Buy-It-Now button the moment they see it on eBay. Ah. I want to cry, it's that beautiful. I love how the film guide underneath the take-up arm is sparkling and glistening in that one photo. Sigh. [Smile]

--------------------

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 07, 2006 06:55 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bummer. I'll be at work and somebody will probably slam that Buy-It-Now button the moment they see it on eBay. Ah. I want to cry, it's that beautiful.
No need for tears... [Wink]

That's why I put the notice up here first. In case someone is interested I can 'reserve' it for them. And, Jan, you are the first to express interest, as you can see in the thread [Smile]

So let me know, and I can change the auction/sale accordingly. What I mean is that I can:
  • Cancel the auction and we can proceed offline, or
  • Keep the auction, but change the start time to suit your schedule
It is entirely up to you, and whatever makes you comfortable. I am new to the forum so I will not be offended or anything if you want to keep the formality that the ebay sale offers (it is an expensive item, after all).
I am off to do some grocery shopping (Sunday night chore) and will be back later tonight.

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 07, 2006 08:23 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your offer is much appreciated [Smile] but a GS1200 is simply beyond what I can afford at the moment... then again I doubt I'm the only one interested in this beauty, though I may have been the first one to express my interest. [Smile]

--------------------

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 07, 2006 08:50 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your offer is much appreciated but a GS1200 is simply beyond what I can afford at the moment... then again I doubt I'm the only one interested in this beauty, though I may have been the first one to express my interest.
Not a problem!
All the things I mentioned in my previous post stand for anyone on this forum... [Smile]

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 08, 2006 03:37 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mitsos, welcome.
Great looking machine. Drool, drool (Kevin? Is this a 3rd series?)
Price is right. You won't have any problem selling it. If you'd been in Europe, I might have clicked that "buy it now" button. [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 08, 2006 07:16 AM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Mitsos, welcome.
Great looking machine. Drool, drool (Kevin? Is this a 3rd series?)

Thank you, this is a great forum [Smile]

Yes, as for the series I am not sure...
I guess Kevin knows these machines pretty well, huh? He could shed some light...

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 08, 2006 07:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jean, that's the ver3 with the improved film path etc. I would think it will sell very well.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitris,

Is the posting calculator accurate-is it about $125 to ship to the UK?

--------------------
Tony

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 08, 2006 08:33 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is the posting calculator accurate-is it about $125 to ship to the UK?
I think so. I have set it up with a weight of 60 lbs and for the box size I have added 2 inches to the size of the Elmo box: I will put the whole thing inside another box.

If it's less I will definately let you know.

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 08, 2006 08:43 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how much a GS1200 weighs but if it's around the same as an ST-1200HD then I can assure you that you're nowhere near 60 pounds. With that kind of weight it would almost (almost) take two guys to lift the thing off the ground. Trust me on that, I work for a large company's shipping department and we handle heavy boxes all the time. [Wink]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 08, 2006 09:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
60 lbs is about right. That is the weight of the GS that I sold when I shipped my older one to California. Yup...60 lbs!!! [Smile]
That is a hernia inducing machine.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 08, 2006 10:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to their respective manuals, the ST-1200 (just the projector itself) weighs 21.4 lbs. The GS weighs in at 31 lbs. and the GS Xenon is a hefty 36.4 lbs..

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 09, 2006 04:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes 31 lbs is correct. You can check that in the instruction manual in the manuals section. [Smile]

Dimitris, I hope you dont mind but I have pinched three of the images off your GS auction as I may be able to use them on my website. If you say no then obviously I wont as they are obviously your copyright.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 09, 2006 05:01 PM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dimitris, I hope you dont mind but I have pinched three of the images off your GS auction as I may be able to use them on my website. If you say no then obviously I wont as they are obviously your copyright.
Feel free...
I'll take it as a compliment [Smile]

What do you guys recommend for shipping?

I was thinking of wrapping the whole thing well with bubble wrap, and then to put it inside a box with peanuts...

Rik? You did it not too long ago...

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 09, 2006 05:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dimitris.

As the machine has got all its original packing then I would just put the box in another outer box with some packing to stop the Elmo box from moving about. Bubble wrap as you have suggested should be the answer.

You did well with that sale. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 09, 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mitsos-
I actually had this great box made specifically for the GS. On the inside it was lined with 2 inches of foam and I also wrapped up the machine in 2 layers of bubble wrap. Then I put it into the box, then another box with about an inch of styrofoam and then shipped it UPS ground. Mine was probably overkill but it made it in one piece! [Smile]
Glad that it sold and thank you once again for mine. I love it!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 09, 2006 06:57 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will the lucky new owner please identify himself? [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 11, 2006 01:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny that Paul but I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if the buyer is a forum member?

Kev.

--------------------

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted May 11, 2006 06:25 AM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the buyer is on the forum...

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC