8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Genuine ESCs on offer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genuine ESCs on offer
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 21, 2006 05:00 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies if this should be in the eBay section, but fast action might be needed if anyone wants to snap up one or more of the 3 on offer.

I just spoke to forum member Andy Oliver, who obtained some ESCs from this source: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RAL-Sales
They are genuine General Electric ESCs for the GS-1200. The only reason I'm not buying them is that I recently obtained 5 from another source (that has no more). If you want any of these, act fast in case I change my mind or someone else beats you to it!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2006 12:05 PM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, can recommend the seller of the lamps, they are shipped superbly wrapped. My first 2 were GE lamps, took delivery of a further 4 today, will confim they are GE lamps later. May be worth checking with seller the remaining stock are GE lamps.

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2006 03:16 PM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, the four i received today are wiko esc lamps?????? and not GE, that will teach me to not asking the seller.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 22, 2006 06:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone familiar with Wiko? Do they have the 4 coil filament, like the GE ESCs?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 23, 2006 01:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
If they are the 4 coil elememts then they are genuine ESC but if 5 then they are rebadged ELC'c.
If these vcame from the guy advertising on Ebay then he advertises them as GE lamps. GE's are genuine ESC's.

Andy are these Wiko's 4 or 5 coil elements?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2006 03:24 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wiko ESC's are amongst the best of the non-Elmo ESC's ever produced. Keith and I tested the light output from all the ESC's we still have and I believe the Wiko only came second to the Elmo.

It's probably also worth mentioning that the GE ESC we tested produced less light than the EJL we had.

Damn it! I just looked in the hope of clearing this source out of Wiko ESC lamps and there is no longer any record of them. Now why didn't I look before? Because I thought they were selling the dreaded GE ESC's, that's why. Oh well, too late it seems.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 23, 2006 04:08 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's probably also worth mentioning that the GE ESC we tested produced less light than the EJL we had."

That's outrageous, I thought GEs had a good reputation! (My celebrations, due to obtaining 5 GE ESCs, have just ground to a halt!)

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2006 06:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have added that I had another GE ESC that produced more light than an EJL. I forgot about that when I put my last post up. Sorry Adrian, that was rather thougtless of me. You'll know when you put one in whether you have a decent GE ESC or a naff one as the greater light output should be evident.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 23, 2006 07:03 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John - thanks for the clarification. Must say that I've had 2 or 3 GEs where 'naff' would be an understatement, as they blew immediately or in less than an hour! They were from the same batch that must have been faulty. Fortunately I knew the seller and I got a refund.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 23, 2006 05:03 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's like all these things you get good and bad batches. I used to swear by the GE lamps and used them all the time before going xenon so Adrian I think you will be alright with them.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2006 04:09 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, the wiko lamps are 4 element, thanks for the information regarding them, will save them for shows!!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 24, 2006 07:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Genuine ESC's then. Nice find [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2006 11:02 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just picked up 15 brand new GE EJL bulbs for the GS, are they the good one's as I'm clueless, they cost me around £40 for the lot. Did I get a bargain ?

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2006 07:59 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They must be all gone. The link came up empty as far as ESCs is concerned.

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 18, 2006 12:41 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
If they have the four twists to the filament then they are genuine ESC's if they have 5 twists they are re badged EJL's.

Kev.

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2006 10:55 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheer's Kev, they have all got 5 twist's as do the Philips one's I have. I've got a man mountain of bulbs (at least I'll never run out eh)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC