8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » F/S ELMO 1.0 LENS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: F/S ELMO 1.0 LENS
Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2007 02:07 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Elmo 1.0 lens for sale but haven't a clue what it's worth, does anyone want to make me an offer, Del.
Have decided to scrap the GS1200 I recently bought and sell the parts to try and recoup the money I paid for it.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2007 04:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Del, i'd be interested in paying a fair price for the 1.0 if you still have it. e-mail me, thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 09, 2007 06:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Del,

I'm sorry to hear that your GS never got healthy. I remember you had problems with it right before Christmas. Did Kevin F. ever get a chance to look at it? (Permission to go off topic in the sales region granted!)

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 09, 2007 07:14 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,
How's the weather up in Pa? Hope your not buried in snow like New York.
The Elmo f1.0 lens is a superb lens, you will not believe how much better it is than the Elmo 1.2. Much brighter, much whiter, much sharper. The lens of choice for the ST1200 or GS1200. Well worth getting one.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2007 09:40 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the lens still up for sale? Please send me an email if Joe hasn't made an offer.

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2007 03:59 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Del, I wasn't sure what to offer...but I sent you another PM [Smile] hi Paul, that bad stuff is about 3 hours drive north of me. They're really gettin' hammered with snow!...much more than even they're used to! Where I am we are very fortunate to just be getting freezing temps... [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 10, 2007 07:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure after the experience with Andy Wilson's machine that I could revive any Elmo GS [Eek!]

Del, Why don't you let me take a look before you sell it off in bits?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 06:06 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev you have mail. To everybody who has shown an interest in the lens, a big thankyou, but Kevin has offered to have a look at the projector for me, if the situation changes I will gladly let the relevant people know who have expressed an interest, thanks again, Del.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 11, 2007 06:09 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Kev, lets hope it arises from the ashes.!!!!
Best Mark.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 11, 2007 09:35 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is not called Mr. Elmo for nothing! [Smile]

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 01:36 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you have an Email, cheer's, Del.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 11, 2007 06:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Alan.

I'm sure we can resurrect Del's machine for him.

Del, I have replied to your PM.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 07:36 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, I was really looking forward to getting the 1.0, but good luck with Del's machine.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 12, 2007 01:14 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think unless the GS1200 has fallen out of a moving vehicle at 80 mph...there is no reason to scrap one of the best Super 8 projectors ever made. Especially with Kev, Bill Parsons and Leon over here in the US.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2007 11:17 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan we should be alright then, the vehicle was only moving at 75mph [Big Grin] Kev, I sent you another Email last night, Del.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 12, 2007 03:50 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Del, I havent had any emails from you to date. Please check the email address again.

super8 at mrelmo dot co dot uk
kevin at mrelmo dot co dot uk

Think you will be able to make sense of that.

Kev.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 12, 2007 05:18 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
Don't give up on getting that Elmo f1.0 lens, they pop up on ebay from time to time. But expect to pay for it. I got mine for $200.00, but I consider it worth it when you see the picture improvement.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2007 01:18 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

With Stg Dollar at nearly 2 to £1 buying from overseas might push the $200 to $300

--------------------
Tony

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2007 04:01 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, sent you a new PM, Del.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2007 01:58 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well a HUGE thankyou to Kev for what can only be described as a 2 minute miracle cure on the knackered GS1200 (thank God I didn't scrap it) believe it or not I flicked the ESS switch onto normal and hey presto it worked. I thought the motor was knackered, or something even worse, now all that it needs is a good clean and we'll see how a film looks through it.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 15, 2007 02:07 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Del, I confess I made that mistake in my early days with the GS. [Wink] And I think I remember that some other members of this forum made it too...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 15, 2007 03:07 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did it! I admit! [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 15, 2007 05:34 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on guy's, haven't we all [Wink]

It was a good to hear Del's machine purring away down the telephone. I think it will be a case of get the old switch cleaner out for this one.

Its a good reminder to say that these switches get quite tarnished if not used for years and lets face it the ESS switch probably never gets used on some of these machines.

When I have the xenon out I always flick all the switches as they are self cleaning if used regularly.
I just wonder how many faults that people report on GS's and other machines are really down to lack of use.

Looks like you guys have lost out on that f1.0 [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 15, 2007 07:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now everyone's happy except for Joe........

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2007 02:38 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, finally got this one up and running, it made a horrible grinding noise when I first pressed forward, but I sourced the problem and a bit of WD40 seamed to do the trick (the motor's still a bit ropey and this is affecting the sound). The sound is very very wobbly and the lens doesn't seam to fit on the clip properly, but the picture when I hold the lens in place can only be described as stunning. We must chat again Kev, I think I could do with a bit of advise just to sort out the niggling problems, many thanks again, Del.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC