8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Eumig 802/804 selector switch knob

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Eumig 802/804 selector switch knob
John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 01:38 AM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, again. I'm trying to restore another eBay-purchased Eumig projector. I need the selector switch knob (controls forward, reverse, lamp) for a Mark S 804D. It is missing on my projector. The same pointer-type knob is on the 802D model. I believe the round-type 807 and 810 knobs would work too. If anyone has a parts projector they could remove the knob from, or a spare knob laying around, I would be happy to buy it from them. Thanks.

--------------------
John Hermes

|  IP: Logged

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 01:59 AM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,
Just send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to give you one.
Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 04:54 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have an 802 in my loft which is just being used for spares. If anyone is interested in anything off this machine then just let me know.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 10:39 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I'm missing from my spares machine are the tiny little brown rollers that the film passes through on the last couple of corners as it exits the projector. Are there any replacements available for those?

The other problem with it is slow speed resulting from slippage on the rubber-covered disc.

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Mike, who has offered me a knob. Thanks to you, too, Kevin.
Bill, those little rollers are pretty pesky, I am missing half of one too. If anyone takes that back little cover off to clean the area, or take out a jammed film piece, be careful, since all those rollers back there can come off easily.
As far as that rubber goes, I guess it gets to a point where nothing helps, but I used a tip from another member. Try cleaning and revitalizing it with brake fluid. I put some on a paper towel and clean it, while manually turning the mechanism to revolve the disc. Wipe off any excess. At first, when you run the projector afterwards, the disc will just spin until the spinner part starts to grip. Maybe this will help if your rubber is not too far gone.

--------------------
John Hermes

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 18, 2009 12:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the exact same problem with the rollers, and found they are actually not that hard to make.

I bought some Delrin rod. I drilled the middle hole through to the correct diameter and then left the piece of rod on the drill bit mounted in my drill press (this stiffens the rod so it's easier to work on). I used a small file to turn the end to the profile of the roller and then used a modeling saw to score where I wanted the piece to be cut off (not quite all the way down to the bit). Then I pulled the rod off the bit and finished the cut to free the new roller. A little cleanup and it was done.

This is the stock I used:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#delrin-hollow-rods/=1234fk

As I said, it’s not hard at all: I got a good one on my second or third try.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 07:33 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, do you still have the spare remains of the pipe? What would it be worth to you to make a few of these for me?

John, thanks for the tips. Your comments reminded me of an old bottle of PRB Rubber Cleaner & Revitalizer that is supposed to restore "grip." I have no idea what it does, exactly, nor does it list the ingredients. Could it hurt to try?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 18, 2009 08:44 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,

I would be pleased to make some for you, but I hope you aren't in a hurry. We have been invaded by Home Improvement people and nothing is where it should be including my drill press.

I had about 3 feet of the stuff (bought it for a model I'm building, but that's another story), so there should still be some...somewhere.

--------------------

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2009 04:19 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Mike. I received the knob today (and now have a complete projector). This is twice peoeple on his forum have helped me generously. Thanks again.
Bill, I don't know that much about Eumig projectors, but there seems to be a way to adjust the speed inside the back cover. The other night, I switched my projector, without knowing, to 50 cycles and it changed the speed. I thought my projector had changed on its own, so I loosened the screw on the speed switch and moved a little plate, and then tightened the screw. Depending on where that plate sits, it sets a limit for how high the "spinner" (the part that goes against the rubber) rides. It takes a lot of trial and error and is a bit clumsy, but you might give it a try. After I realized I had moved the cycles switch, I changed it back to 60 and then had to readjust the speed again! [Mad]

--------------------
John Hermes

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2009 07:44 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I'm not particulaly in a hurry -- haven't fired the machine up for a few years, actually! But hopefully you'll find that pipe in a shorter time!

Please PM me whenever you want to negotiate.

Thank you!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 20, 2009 08:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things are looking up: we have a roof again!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC