8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eumig Mark S 8 mm film projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Mark S 8 mm film projector
Morney le Roux
Junior

- posted June 17, 2009 02:04 PM      Profile for Morney le Roux   Email Morney le Roux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pros:
* Regular 8
* Complete set excl lens (incl cords, etc)
* Very good condition
* Working bulb

Cons:
* Lens missing
* Case (not projector) damaged in one spot
* Located in Johannesburg, South Africa

Any reasonable offers? Selling as part of a deceased's estate which was donated to a non-profit organisation.

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Simon Wyss
Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2009 06:11 AM      Profile for Simon Wyss   Email Simon Wyss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not expect more than $ 100 for it, net.

Problem are the unaccessible motor plain bearings.
Advantage is you can easily retract the magnetic sound heads.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2009 06:54 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say less than that because the lens is missing, Good luck.

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2009 03:29 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morney, I'd be interested in it for spares for my other Mark S. As it's not worth very much then postage is the decider. Could you please give me some idea of the postage cost to the UK?

You can get me on stewart (dot) mcsporran (at) ntlworld.com

cheers
Stewart

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2009 11:12 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah , the Mark S...to this day, I consider it one of the finest little projectors i ever owned. I bought it when Standard 8 was being rapidly replaced with super 8...bought it brand new from one of the New York discount camera shops that ran ads in the backs of many of the photography magazines. $113.00 ...and what a difference from that junky Sears Tower standard 8 sound machine Ihad.... Here was a truly human engineered machine..solid metal....heavier than some machines twice its size... It has those two nice running lights that let you see to work and thread in the dark..and go out when you hit the lamp. Simple threading...and in those days..quite a few standard 8 films were showing up with out of sync sound. They were recorded , in many cases , with banks of eumigs joined together . But this machine allowed you to set the loop between picture gate and sound head as short or as long as you needed. I have a print of psycho that was out of sync...but all I had to do was enlarge the loop a bit . Today that print is pretty much junk since the auto threaders don't allow for any alteration in the loop. The lamp was tiny..100watt...the mirror was in the machine itself..and this lamp put out the whitest brightest light. Made good prints look superb. The head assembly..was a simple snap out one and snap in another one affair. I ran millions of feet of film through this thing ...and did use two head assemblys. It's only weakness...the sound.... They had not licked the 60htz hum problem and it was sometimes annoying on films with low level tracks to begin with. Finally...after about 23 years of almost daily use, it started to slow down....the rubber drive wheel was wearing out. Sandpaper treatment...and belt dressing kept it going for awhile....but eventually...it just didn't run anymore. I still have it...and would use it, but it had a couple of other things develop....take up issues. I replaced it with a closeout emuig 824D HiFi...used only for standard 8 things. Never could get the thing to focus properly , though...and then replaced that one with a lesser Eumig 810D...which I've been very satisfied with. Interesting but thorugh all the years they all had the same basic drive design and outside design as the Mark S......but alas , no running lights... Much better sound than the old Mark S, which is still out in my garage. Just can't get rid of that thing.

Terry Furlough
Junior

- posted December 09, 2010 06:35 PM      Profile for Terry Furlough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did this sell? Do you still have it for sale?

Theogenes Oliveira
Junior

- posted August 13, 2011 05:35 PM      Profile for Theogenes Oliveira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, Mark S only play 8mm or can also play Super 8?

Magnus Lindfors
Junior

- posted December 05, 2014 03:14 PM      Profile for Magnus Lindfors     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you google the name super 8 comes up but my Eumig Mark S seems to be a standard 8 (double 8) sound projector only, but I don't manage to get any sound out of it yet, perhaps heads need cleaning ?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC