8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO GS-1200 M&O f1.1 12.5-30 for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO GS-1200 M&O f1.1 12.5-30 for sale
Mark J Miskinis
Junior

- posted September 23, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for Mark J Miskinis   Email Mark J Miskinis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I know you know what this thing is. Best 8mm movie projector made. Thought I'd give this forum a crack before I go ebay route.
It's an ELMO SOUND GS-1200 M&O STEREO with an f1.1 12.5mm to 30mm zoom. It is NOT xenon. It is in near mint condition. I need to round up everything that goes with it including the power cord, so I haven't fired it up yet. Belonged to my dad who passed away a while ago. I was going to keep it but now I think I am going to go the DVD transfer route.
Of course I want more than a $1 for it. For somebody out there this is your lucky day! Call Mark 734-945-3478 Oh, also have some high end 8mm beaulieu cameras.

|  IP: Logged

Mark J Miskinis
Junior

- posted September 24, 2009 09:20 PM      Profile for Mark J Miskinis   Email Mark J Miskinis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got an offer of $1000. Is that a fair price? Nothing on ebay for quite a while.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 25, 2009 08:30 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that the prices that GSs have been going for are not quite as high as they used to be, so that sounds a pretty good offer to me. If you have the original box, instructional manual and all the original accessories, and the projector is near mint and clearly hasn't had a lot of use, you might be able to get a bit more if you're in no rush, but otherwise I'd accept the offer if I was you.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark J Miskinis
Junior

- posted October 01, 2009 11:27 AM      Profile for Mark J Miskinis   Email Mark J Miskinis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Adrian.
Just wanted to say that have fired it up and once I figured the auto loading it worked perfectly. I don't know if I still have a sound film but will look for one. Sound seems to work, the optical exciter bulb lights up. All in all near mint and working as far as I can tell. Still have the offer but he is going out of town so I suppose it's still available. Listing other things on ebay bit will take me a while because I forgot how. Have pictures if you want just email me. Thank you Mark 734 945 3478

Mark J Miskinis
Junior

- posted October 01, 2009 04:36 PM      Profile for Mark J Miskinis   Email Mark J Miskinis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ October 01, 2009, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2009 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, be prepared to pay eBay's high 10% final value fee when you sell it.... [Mad]

[ October 01, 2009, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 01, 2009 06:00 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
10% I thought was the going rate for the ebay theives [Mad]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2009 08:36 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you're right.... post corrected! [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mark J Miskinis
Junior

- posted October 29, 2009 12:58 PM      Profile for Mark J Miskinis   Email Mark J Miskinis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOLD!!! Thank you Lance. I think it went to a good home.
I was going to post his email he sent went he got it but I can't find it. Let's just say he liked it and the way it was packed and it works great.

I still have more stuff but I need to organize it. I know I have a Beaulieu 4008 ZM II, a 6008 non crystal sync. Wanted to keep one and have tested the 6008 with my last rolls of KII in time lapse and slow motion. Worked great. Need to figure out what to do with the power supply for the 4008.

Thanks all, Mark J Miskinis, USA

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 03:18 PM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Day Mark and Gentlemen of the Forum,

Indeed this Mint Elmo GS 1200 would make Mr. Elmo smile and anyone else for that matter. Marks dad kept this baby in tip top shape and Mark made certain that it arrived here in Los Angeles unscathed by the shippers at large. Bravo Mark!

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 06:37 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Lance! My GS should be arriving in the next week or so, ver 3. Looks like this one you got, Lance, is also a 3. I'm looking forward to mine! [Big Grin]

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2009 09:03 PM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will love it Greg. Use it in good health and On With the Show!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC