8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO ST-1200 mag/optical

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO ST-1200 mag/optical
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 12:40 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8MM-PROJECTOR-ELMO-ST-1200-mag-optical-sound-with-case_W0QQitemZ120508612606QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash= item1c0edf7ffe

Again out of my price range

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 12:49 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

It looks like a very old machine - perhaps one of the very first in the series. Is there a problem with the focus knob? Something doesn't look right in that first picture.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 01:02 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not seen a focus knob like that on an ST, so could it have been replaced?, or is the outer part of the knob just missing?

It appears the grille that's normally attached to the black casing covering the lamp area isn't there.

Also, this is not a twin track unit, so it cannot produce stereo sound, as the seller claims. Or am I wrong?

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 02:44 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The little silver cover is missing. It's not easy to take off, so possibly they had to replace it.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 02:44 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The little silver cover is missing. It's not easy to take off, so possibly they had to replace it.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just sent the seller the Q you have asked, lets see what he says eh.
It just goes to show how much the forum is needed, If I had the money I might have gone for this projector it only being 25 or so miles from where I live. Im sure I have seen more stuff from this seller before

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 22, 2009 09:32 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it looks like the small silver disc which covers the knob fixing is missing. The earlier machines didnt have the grill over the lamp like the HD did.

I have to say that for a first version ST1200 this is way over priced. I would expect you to be able to buy the last version ST1200HD twin track for this sort of money and indeed there is one on ebay right now for £300 and I think that is possibly a tad over priced.

Leave the 1200 alone is my advice at that price.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2009 12:30 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Kev! Hope all is well with you! I bought the GS from Dan that you and I discussed earlier... picking it up from him on Thursday, so I guess it's my Christmas present to myself.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 23, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Greg. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC