8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eumig S903 for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S903 for sale
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 02:23 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EUMIG-S903-SUPER8-CINE-FILM-SOUND-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ170429599472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item27ae654 ef0

NICE Looking machine but also the story that goes with it, check out the video and the camaras that he is also selling that he used to film the vid sequence

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 04:44 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice little promo included. But I'm not sure if this will backfire as the Eumig's fixed projection speeds mean that the transfers have an inherent flicker. Although the 'trashy super 8 look' is probably what the seller was looking for; it's possible that a buyer may not realise that the majority of the footage is shot with a video camera (as you can see when the cameraman's silhouette is visible)and only the very short grainy shots were obtained from the projector.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 05:40 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True bout the video footage, hadn't noticed that

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 12:41 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to the 2 Johnies,

This must be an early 900 series Eumig Super 8 Sound Projectors.
We only see the 905 or later, here in Australia.

These were almost a Sprocketless machine but still retained the take up sprocket.
There was no Top sprocket on any of these 900's which had co-axial drive.

These are not just 2 speed machines.
The Speed on these is variable between the 2 limits,18 & 24fps. You can't really tell what speed you are actually playing, if you move away from these limits.

However it does give your capturing digital movie camera a range of speed to try & synchronise its shutter with. Some cameras can do it with these Eumigs OK.

These are a high quality Sound Projector & I collect the different versions.

Dogtor Frankarnstein [Wink]

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 03:13 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The speed change on this range of machines is far better than on the previous (800 and before) Series machines. They used an "up and down" slider which was virtually impossible (and not recommended) to change speed whilst running. These later models have a similar 2 disc arrangement with a more compact motor and the speed change is effected with a front panel knob turning a lead-screw. Speed change during running is practicable with care, so fine control for transfer is usually possible.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 06:21 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Frank, I didn't realise some sound Eumigs had a degree of variable speed. I had always thought it was 18 or 24fps and nothing else.
John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC