8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Fumeo 9119 or 9120

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Fumeo 9119 or 9120
Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2010 01:28 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

Just to let you all know that I am in the market for a Fumeo 9119 or 9120 model.

Any help, suggestion or offer is welcome.
Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2010 02:13 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buckingham Films has a 9120:

FUMEO 9120

Recording version of Fumeo 9119. Schneider f1.2 12 – 30mm zoom lens. Optical and magnetic sound. Fumeo Loudspeaker, 200 watt lamp. 2400’ film capacity. Fitted case. Instructions. Overhauled L895.00

Here's a link:

http://www.pathescope.freeserve.co.uk/bfv/bfv.htm

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 27, 2010 04:15 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty old Buckingham listing - Aug 2009 - but, if it's the same model he had at Ealing in Oct, it was indeed in excellent condition.

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2010 04:52 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have sent him a mail. Thanks. Will keep you posted on the progress of my quest.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 06:17 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 9119 I don't use, mind you it needs repairs, and since I am all thumbs in those aspects I have never even attempted to get it in working order. But anyone that is handy could probably bring it back to its original splendour.
Why not let someone else repair it then? Don't get me started, that is a complicated story unfortunately.
If memory serves, (it's been in my basement storage for the last 10+ years) it does run, but around 10 fps. I beleive both the magnetic and optical sound worked as it should when I tested it back then.
If anybody is interested i could check it out and perhaps tell you the whole story of why it has never been repaired.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 09:39 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds interesting Lars, I am trying to contact you by mail or PM but none work.
You can mail me alexander (dot) vandeputte (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alexander,

not sure why you ar so interested in this projector...
I own a FUMEO 9120 and I'm not absolutely satisfied with it and also the replacements parts are very difficult to find!

Considering its cost at the same price you could have the King of the Super 8 projectors, the ELMO GS 1200 !

If you have any question/curiosity please let me know!

Flavio

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 02:14 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

Euhm... already owning three Elmo's GS 1200 I am growing curious for some other machines too.
On paper the Beaulieu 708EL looks like a winner but I hear a surprising amount of negatve things about this machine.
The Fumeo, it's manual threading, and plastic free (scratch ree ?) film path make it similar to a 35mm machine.
The Elmo's are wonderful but I never am 100% sure that they are not scratching my films... And it's my feeling that the really needed replacement parts for the Elmo , like upper loopformer (both fixed and moveable part) are also difficult to come by. It seems everyone is making their own mods in that regard.

So in short I am maybe looking for a 100% scratch free machine. Or am I exagerating ?

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using a Fumeo 9139 Arc for the last umpteen years. I've found it very kind to film - probably because of manual threading. Also and it is a BIG also - it has 2500ft reel capacity which means about 3200ft of Mylar base. It is only mono - but as it is based on a 16mm box there is room (if you know what to do - I don't) to fit stero heads and opre-amps in it. Just my 2 pennorth!!!!Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2010 03:59 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander

Have sent you mail.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2010 11:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander, if you pass for any reason, let me know. I could be interested in, if Lars has no problem, of course. Grazie.
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2010 09:27 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the mail I sent to Alexander I told how I came to buy this projector, and I just realised that it might be of interest to all on this forum. At least it is a story that learns you NOT to trust even big and "respectable" firms.

"I was acctually "ripped off" when I bought this. I found out that a camerashop in Gothenburg had this for sale, this was around 1987-88, and I was told when I visited the shop that it was in perfect order. However they did not have it in the shop but at their storage area situated in a other part of town, but being a rather larger and "respectable" firm I then and there decided to buy it. About a week later it arrived by post and the first thing I noticed was that the drivebelt was broken. I should of course have smelled a rat at that point, but I was probably somewhat naive. I returned it to get it fixed, and then despite several contacts I did not get it back untill I personally went to the shop and picked it up a year later. Gothenburg is som 168 kilometers from where I live and I don't have a car so I had to go by train. When I finally got it home I discovered the fault i described on the forum. I immediately contacted the firm and, as I think everybody would do, demanded that they take the machine back and refund me the money. The answer was that since it had been in my ownership for over a year they could not take it back. The fact that it had been in their possession during 99% of that year did NOT have any bearing in the matter. As you can imagine I totally lost interest in everything that had to do with it by then.

When I bought it I payed 7000 SKR whitch is about €690, and that is not adjusting for inflation for these 20+ years.

Here are some pictures of a similar model as the one I have:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/roberto967/images/PAGINAFUMEOROBERTO.HTM
I have noticed that tho the model is the same, the design of the controls varies somewhat, but this one is exactly like mine."

So, there you have it.
And the moral is: BE ON GARD. Have a helthy dose of suspicion when dealig with people and firms you know nothing of.

And Gian, if Alexander don't want it you are welcome.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 30, 2010 09:52 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars,

What a story! I am astounded at the nerve of the seller. They wouldn't give you a refund because it's a year after the sale even though the projector was with them for repair practically the entire time! That is just inconceivable.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2010 10:05 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looking for a super8 projector to bye i have been running a beaulieu 708el twintrack which is 32years old has never let me down never had any parts that needed replacing never ever goes out of focus better than the stereo modelcan show a full feature on one reel not over engineered like some machines which seem to want spares so often ill match it to any machine currently available spares are available from sweden and germany
look for a beaulieu twintrack you wont regret it.J.E

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2010 10:48 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well John I'm actually also in the market for a Beaulieu 708EL machine.
I tracked one down this morning. It's the twin track, capstan drive model. I have been hearing quite some contradictory things on this machine despite the fact that, a least in theory it looks like a winner.
Glad and reassuring to hear about your experience.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2010 02:22 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fumeo is a sturdy machine, built like a tank. The only issue I have with it is the sound, this seems to be a weak point of Fumeo. Manual threading, and the big reel capacity is a big plus, too.
Flavio, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this projector.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 31, 2010 10:31 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use to own the Beaulieu 708EL Stereo. Wonderful machine that I LOVED! But...the sound was not very good through the internal speakers. Sounded much better when hooked up to external speakers. Also on some prints the sound was good and on others...not so good. Not as forgiving as the GS1200 or the Eumigs. However the picture..with the micrometric focusing was the best. No slop or play and it never lost focus. And of course you could hook up the 1.0 Ektar lens to it.
I sold it and am looking for a Beaulieu 708EL Stereo Studio model with the LED's instead of the VU meters.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander-Just curious if you heard from Buckingham?

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2010 05:52 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander, did you finally have Lars' Fumeo? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2010 10:33 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry,
The Buckingham Fumeo was already gone, but they had a Beaulieu 708 instead.

Gian Luca,
In the end I did not. Since these are not cheap machines, I figured that my first encounter with a Fumeo 9119 should not be with a broken unit. The machine is still on my longlist but for the moment I have a Beaulieu 708 on its way to my place.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for telling me, Alex.
Ciao.

--------------------

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2010 01:29 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have notified you earlier. But I could not send you a PM nor an email. But now you know [Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2010 01:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a problem at all [Wink] .
Ciao.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC