8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » I Need Power Cord For Revere Model 85 8mm Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Need Power Cord For Revere Model 85 8mm Projector
Fred Guida
Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2011 07:09 AM      Profile for Fred Guida   Email Fred Guida   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a power cord for the Revere Model 85 standard 8mm silent projector that they would like to get rid of?

The end of the cord is a two-hole female type. Anyone know what this type of cord/plug is called?

I have a 1 inch (f/1.6) lens. Would be interested in any other lenses that will fit this projector. Also instruction manual.

Please contact direct: fredguida44@yahoo.com

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted August 18, 2011 11:35 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fred

Here's a link where you can get a manual.

http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_qr.htm

PatD

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2011 02:35 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Craig passed away some months ago and they are not currently doing business. This is posted on their home page.
John S. Craig

QUALITY, INTEGRITY AND SERVICE FOR 40 YEARS

Notice to our loyal customers:

CraigCamera.com is temporarily closed and not taking orders due to the death of its founder John S. Craig on Friday February 25, 2011.

We appreciate your business and ask that you be patient while we make important decisions both personal and business.

Kindly check back with us in a few months as we will post our plans. In the interim, orders that John had already picked and packed that have not been shipped we will try to identify and ship. If you have paid for an order and not received it, we will make every effort to locate your order and return your money. If you have specific questions about an order you have already placed but not received you may contact Hon. Joyce Krutick Craig (Ret.) at judgejoyce@hotmail.com or at our post office box PO 1637 Torrington, CT. We will not be answering telephone calls, but will answer your e-mail or snail mail as expeditiously as possible.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2011 07:29 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fred,

I've just sent you an email with pic attached of the two cords I have. One of them should work as they're both slightly different.

John

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Phil Endliss
Junior

- posted February 13, 2013 09:46 PM      Profile for Phil Endliss   Email Phil Endliss       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just about to look through some of my family's old films and noticed the power cord for our Revere Model 85 is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know where I might get one?

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 13, 2013 10:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome the Forum Phil! I found this link for a cord http://www.agassiztrading.com/cameras-film/projectors/accessories/revere85-cord.html

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Phil Endliss
Junior

- posted February 14, 2013 09:24 AM      Profile for Phil Endliss   Email Phil Endliss       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link Janice. Unfortunately that company has gone out of business. The only source I've found so far for a cord is to buy an entire projector off eBay which is pretty expensive.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2013 04:56 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the above link to craigcamera will work now...they are now re-opened.

Bill [Smile]

Laura Vincent
Junior

- posted March 01, 2013 03:25 PM      Profile for Laura Vincent   Email Laura Vincent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi - I clicked on the above link and the site says he is no longer buying and selling vintage items - so that he can devote all his time to his artwork.

Any other sources for a power cord for a Revere 8mm Projector?

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Laura

Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2013 04:16 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a computer/electronics collection center try there.
Usually from old printers. Found one for my ham radio, cost one dollar (50.00 on epay) I saw four different types.

--------------------
Bruce Wright

Laura Vincent
Junior

- posted March 01, 2013 05:42 PM      Profile for Laura Vincent   Email Laura Vincent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Bruce. So...are you saying that a cord from a different type of product could possibly work? Thanks!

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 12:00 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks and welcome to the forum Laura,

I have a modified cord for my Revere P 90, essentially an old G&E Appliace Electrical Cord 10A 125V - 5A 250V that had the end shaved down a little to fit the projector.

-

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 03, 2013 09:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since there is now a second thread about the same topic, this one is closed.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC