8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Scope Lens Support for Beaulieu 708 EL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scope Lens Support for Beaulieu 708 EL
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2011 03:01 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw (and never found) the original support for the cinemascope lens to be mounted on a Beaulieu 708 EL.

Anyone has to sell one or at least to show here with a picture?

thx
F.

|  IP: Logged

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 06:37 AM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ffr film in germany make the best scope bracket. I had one custom made by them to hold a bell & howell kowa 8z on my projector. You take the accessory shoe off of the 708 and screw the bracket in place so it cannot move at all. It is very well made. I can send a picture if you want to see it.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 10:06 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee,

yes, thanks! If you want to publish here in the forum, it's ok with me.

F.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 03:40 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i will get the picture for you tomorrow.

L.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 708 bracket for Bell & Howell Kowa 8Z

-

The lens on the projector

-

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 03:17 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, that's really nice! Thanks for the photos!
I see a sync unit close to the projector... do you use it for re-recording films? Can you tell me more about it?
I'm searching for an alternative to my ELMO + Pedro's unit and my Beaulieu is the best candidate... but I need a sync unit.

Thanks
Flavio

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 04:01 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a crystal sync board in the 708, i asked pedro to design the board for my projector so it was the very first one that was made. The sync box is the p1008 pro edit version so it can control the beaulieu with the crystal board installed or the gs1200 without any modification, plus many other projectors if they have a custom sync board installed where needed. It also controls a goko rm5000 recording editor which i had pedro make a crystal board for, or you can use the same board in the goko 8000 stereo version. It can transfer film into Avid media composer on my computer at a constant speed then create a new digital sound track master. Then it's possible to make a cd copy and sync it to the film or transfer it back to the stripe. The crystal conversion for the 708 also makes the machine switch much more smoothly between sound and silent, the aggressive torque surge is now gone. it's quite expensive at about 1000 euro for the board + installation and the editor but worth it if you like the 708 and want to take it to a higher level of performance. I can recommend this set up no problem.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 04:15 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!!! That's really great!
I'm very interested in the possiblity to transfer the movie in a PC (or Mac) and edit it with Avid Media Composer. Is this what you mean?
Are you able for example to create an edited version taken from a DVD with the audio track you are interested in identical to a digest version of a super 8 movie in such a way?
It is possible to do this simply with Avid?

Flavio

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes you can do it with any video editing program, as long as you have a video camera & capture card to get the film into the hard drive. Then you just need the dvd, laser disc, blue ray master for the sound so you can take the parts you need into the editor and match them to the digest or the full feature picture.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 04:47 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did you install by yourself the sync board into the projector? is it a simple task?

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 05:15 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No this projector was sent to Pedro in Germany as a test machine so he could design the sync board from scratch. I think he always advises sending the 708 projector out to him for installation of the board as it's not such an easy job. Not unless you are already very good with electronics and also know about the electronics & mechanics inside the projector.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC