8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eumig 810...lamp stopped working

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 810...lamp stopped working
Phil Lilley
Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2012 02:19 AM      Profile for Phil Lilley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had my 810 for a good long while and it's on the go a lot, but yesterday, the lamp went.

So I put in a new one. Nothing.

Checked the lamp, it was working.

I did the old 'tin foil' trick. Nothing.

I've looked through all the wiring and I can't see that any fuses have blown or gone. Any pointers on what it might be...I like this machine!

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2012 02:31 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil,

I would try replacing the ceramic lamp socket. These get very hot and eventually the contacts fail.

good luck

dogtor frankarnstein [Razz]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 17, 2012 04:31 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil

If you have a voltmeter, test for voltage at the contacts at the base of the socket.

PatD [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2012 11:08 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil,
I hope you can fix the problem,but if you wanted to sell it as spare part please let me know .Good luck
Leon

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2012 07:39 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have 5 of these projectors and have had a similar experience. What I tend to do is, with any lamp I slighty polish the contacts with fine grade sandpaper, so they are exceptionally clean, then plug them in. If this does'nt work then I use a fine point and clean inside the contact holes of the actual lamp socket (MAIN SURE YOU ARE NOT PLUGGED INTO THE MAINS of course) The only time none of the above worked I went to Maplins and bought a new lamp socket, wired it in , and hey presto it worked. It might be of help? Cheers, Mark

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC