8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for sale
Christopher Ro
Junior

- posted February 28, 2012 02:19 PM      Profile for Christopher Ro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i have a eumig 807d super 8 projector for sale on ebay for parts or repair as is going slow and a 200ft star wars super 8 film segment

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 29, 2012 11:30 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris,why is your machine running slow?If this model still uses
the "ball & disc"speed control,it maybe just needs a bit of TLC
such as roughing up the ball or the rubber on the disc.Have a talk
with Tom Photiou as he's the lad when it comes to sorting out
sticky problems and I'm sure he will give you good advice.It might
save your machine from the scrap heap.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2012 03:49 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ball & disc is the real problem. Like Hugh has said try cleaning up the disc drive and that makes the thing work. I have a early Eumig sound projector and that still keeps running just doing this. Part of the design problem with Eumig and in most cases suffered by many owners.

Christopher Ro
Junior

- posted March 01, 2012 09:37 AM      Profile for Christopher Ro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have taken the back off and there is a very large wheel on a metal spindle in front I took that off but could not get in wholy back on again not sure what this piece does there is also two smaller ones on there side as if looking at a bicycle tyre from the front situated top right hand corner i san see no belt as such

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 01, 2012 01:54 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Chris,I can only speak regarding the old Mark S Eumigs
of which I have four, and they are very reliable just as Colin said
they didn't go in for belts like other projector designers did but
opted for the "ball & disc" which is more reliable, these little
workhorses here are testament to that.Now I'm not familiar with
the later Eumigs but they all followed the same basic idea with
B&DSo the back is off the machine UNPLUGGED switch the proj.
to forward and see which parts engage.The ball is the silver disc
that would be spinning and as soon as you switch forward run
will engage with the disc that has a black rubber face (There is
usually a disc the other side for reverse)all you need do is give the rubber discs a rough up with a piece of emery or sand
paper, sometimes the ball gives better service if abrased.Take
care not to get dust in the works and a little wipe with some
Methylated Spirit, don't use Gin or Vodka as this is far to precious to waste, and that should see an improvement in the
running of your projector.You can STILL get soundheads for
these machines,how many projectors can you say that about.
Keep us informed.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2012 02:59 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right about the Gin & Vodka. doesnottaste very nice with that dust in it. Really these projectors do work for years with just a little maintanance. My old Eumig's have really been great over the years running hundreds of feet of film wiht no real problems for the past forty odd years. True they do not have 1200ft capacity, but they are the workhorse of the collector for many years before Elmo came on the scene.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC