8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FOR SALE GS1200 in UK (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FOR SALE GS1200 in UK
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 24, 2013 03:32 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not my auction but somebody should grab this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8mm-Film-Projector-/181146361917?pt= UK_Photography_Film_Projectors&hash=item2a2d2a203d

|  IP: Logged

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would this projector work in the usa? Isn't there a voltage switch inside these?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 24, 2013 04:14 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A XENON FOR GBP 250 !!!!!

OMG....!

This is stil available to date and no one take it.

2 projectors are available!.....

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 24, 2013 04:36 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it has variable voltage and can be used in USA. If I had the money I would grab both of them. I have the GS1200 but it's not the zenon. Even the BIN converted to USA is worth it. Plus if the shipping is added and converted to US$ it is still worth it. They are brand spanking new. This is what collecting is all about. I'll be it's sold in 24hours.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2013 08:12 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shipping may kill you.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 24, 2013 08:58 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry

Even if it cost 100.00 to ship it plus the 500.00 US dollars to buy it, that is still worth the money. This brand new still packed in box. If I had the money I would buy at least one of them. You can't lose of this. it's a win win situation. This has got to be worth 1200.00 to 1400.00.

PatD

I just checked the listing. I can't believe it. Two people bid on it and didn't use the Buy It Now. I guarantee they are going to pay way over the BIN price buy bidding instead of using BIN.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 02:42 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So does the Seller ship outside UK?
He/She doesn't mention in the auction...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 02:52 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all of the Xenon/Halogen machines were multi voltage. Some of them were made for 220/240 volt only. I know because I saw a Xenon that was that way. Only for Europe. Also shipping from the UK for that machine which weighs over 50lbs? Very, very, expensive. I had my 66 lb Beaulieu 708 shipped from Sweden..it was almost $800.
And the saddest part for us on this side of the pond? If you look to see where the unit sells to...unless you are in the UK you will not be able to bid. Ebay blocks you.
Here is what you get when you try to bid:

Sorry, this item cannot be sent to United States.

The seller has specified that this item cannot be sent to addresses in United States
You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers.

Have fun UK buyers! [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 03:29 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Item is in Bristol, UK. And I seem to remember one of us live in Bristol!

Too bad that member is not reading this message.

Last time I know a Xenon machine was sold in the other forum for $2000.

Alan, I think although the machine was 220v, but the transformer inside is multi-voltage. You need just to re-wire it.

In fact, many Elmo machines I found in this north America, although the plate says to be 115v only, but it has multi-voltage selector inside the machine (only the window glass is not present so we think it is mono voltage)

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 04:10 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have seen the ones that you can rewire but I spoke to Kevin F a while back when I wanted to purchase a Xenon from the UK. It was new in the box and he told me he had seen it and it was strictly for Europe. Otherwise I would have taken it.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 05:09 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Bristol and I can assure it's not me that's selling!

--------------------
Maurice

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 05:51 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you have to do is contact the buyer, get an estimate of shipping for the post office and your good to go if the buyer ok's it. It will not cost 800.00 to ship it. That's way off for an estimate. I can't believe nobody grabbed it yet.

In addition. even if it was 220v only, you can buy a step down transformer and run it here in USA with no problem.

I jus went to Royal Mail website , After converting 50 pounds to grams the cost of shipping in 65BPS. Convert that to USD and it 105.00. Exactly what I original stated. So it is affordable to someone in US. I just wish I had the money.

Update!

The bidding is all ready over the BUY IT NOW price. It is at 255.00 BPS. How stupid can some people be. It could have been bought for 250.00 BPS as a BIN price. Just as I predicted. I also sent a message to the buyer about USA shipping knowing the cost. I will report back when I get an answer.

I just may borrow some money to buy the second one. However, after selling the 1st one I doubt it will be such a great deal.

Patd [Confused]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 09:50 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$800 was not an estimate for shipping from the UK that was my actual shipping cost from Sweden to the US via Fedex International Economy insured.
I have had machines shipped from the UK many times and It would be great to hear the UK members chime in. I don't know where you got your quote for $105 but that seems impossible. When I put in Royal Mail search for an item going to the US at the lowest rate for a 60 lb item this is the quote I received:

Royal Mail
Service Delivery Compensation Tracking Price
There were no pricing results matching your search criteria

Parcelforce Worldwide
Service Delivery Compensation Tracking Price

globalexpress Guaranteed from 1 day Up to £1000 Tracked £263.39

globalpriority From 3 days Up to £1000 Tracked £209.52

But you are right about one thing...if the machine is truly new it won't be a bargain by the time auction is over.
Additionally if you want to bid you have to get the seller to edit the auction to make it available worldwide and shippable and once you do that its virtually guaranteed that this machine will sell for $$$$.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 11:28 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sensible to point out the voltage limitations...

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 12:23 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mabye the reason it wasnt snapped up earlier is because it was too cheap and potential buyers needed time to think. Its a big risk as you dont really know what youre gonna get. There is only one picture and nothing is said about the condition apart from it being 'new' as the seller states. But is it new. Why would a filmaker from a club have a GS1200 Zenon and keep it wrapped up and not use it. Mabye he took great pride in it but you dont know. Does it work fully, again you dont know. Also is there a bulb inside as this may have been removed years ago but the seller wouldnt know if this was standard on all 'new' GS1200's coming out of the Elmo factory. It is clear that the seller knows nothing about GS1200's and wouldnt know it it sounds good when switched on. There is good feedback however. It probably will be a good buy for the winner but its also a bit of buyer beware im afraid.

Graham S

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 12:35 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Graham. I cannot imagine any film collector, particularly one in a cine club, having a brand new boxed up GS1200 and never using it in 20 or 20 years. No doubt the seller thinks it is new, but as Graham points out , he knows nothing about this machine. It may be fine, or it may not, we all know how GS1200'S can have a slew of issues.
IMO the only way for a collector to purchase a GS1200 is from a known and trusted collector, such as people on this forum, who can inform the buyer exactly what they are getting and can point out any and all issues that the machine may have. Buying a GS on ebay is a crap shoot.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 12:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this up at a BIN of £250????
At that price I would've snapped it up.
Despite the possible issues mentioned above, £250 would be worth a gamble on one of these, IMO. The seller seems to be pretty legit.
As someone says above, this will sell for a lot more than £250. Bidding at lower than a BIN price of £250 was a bit silly.

I'm presuming the second one has been sold, as there's just one listing now.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 05:39 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, very silly that the first bidder didn't do a Buy It Now, seeing the auction's now gone past that original price tag.
I almost did a BIN when both were available but couldn't get the seller to reply to my emails, so didn't go any further.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 05:59 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sure the seller would get more for it if they include many more photos, inside and out.

Graham S

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 02:42 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This should be the other auction

Ebay link...

Where the description is exaclty the same but the projector was not Xenon.

It ended with the BIN option...

Anyway, so far no answer to my question if shipping outside UK is possible...

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 26, 2013 03:50 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get a response to my message to the seller about shipping to USA either.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 26, 2013 03:55 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me neither :-( I'd given him 300 + shipping and expenses easily

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 04:57 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked him the same question too and did not get a response.

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 05:12 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller has really done himself no favours by the use of one very uninformative picture. Also finishing the auction on a Bank Holiday!
My gut feeling is that this machine would put on at least a further £300 in the last day - but I have no idea how this would be affected by the Bank Holiday end date.
As has been said already this is worth a punt and the guy who bid below the buy-it-now is a prize chump.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 26, 2013 09:21 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that the picture is poor - he should have at least removed the plastic - but I don't think finishing at 8pm on a Bank Holiday will be detrimental as I'd guess that more people will be monitoring it than on a typical weekday.

I predict the price will go a LOT higher, and the seller will be very grateful to whoever ended the BIN opportunity! The seller has been getting excellent feedback in relation to other projectors from the same source, so I'm inclined to think that it will genuinely be 'like new' even if it possibly needs new belts and a little work.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC