8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo F1.2 LONG FOCUS zoom lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo F1.2 LONG FOCUS zoom lens
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 05, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is. The very rare superb quality Elmo long focus auditorium lens. Heavy all metal and glass optics construction, highly corrected f1.2 25-50mm zoom lens. Fits all Elmo ST and GS series projectors. The lens used in the BFCC shows.
Now reduced to $225.00 plus post. Payment by check or money order. No PayPal or credit cards.
USA/Canada/UK only.
Lens now sold.

-

-

[ August 22, 2013, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 12, 2013 07:38 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Original post has been edited to add photos of the actual lens, and to clarify payment options.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 13, 2013 10:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also a good Elmo lense, so I don't want to buy this one but I was wondering why it is an USA/Canada/UK only sale. Is there a specific reason why people from other countries cannot buy it ? This is a kind of general question as I see sometimes countries restrictions on Ebay and I don't understand why a seller is limiting himself the potential number of buyers (espeacially on Ebay as the final selling price is on a bidding base).

--------------------
Dominique

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 13, 2013 11:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there a specific reason why people from other countries cannot buy it ? This is a kind of general question as I see sometimes countries restrictions on Ebay and I don't understand why a seller is limiting himself the potential number of buyers (espeacially on Ebay as the final selling price is on a bidding base).

This has been discussed here several times.

But I can say if the listing is on Ebay, the reason is due to the fact that Ebay/paypal can hold all money received by the seller which include the shipping fee.

If the seller allows (e.g) buyer from Asia and the shipping cost is so high, when the item is not received by buyer due to several reasons (which is not necessarily the seller's mistake), buyer can complain to Ebay and Ebay can withdraw seller's money. In this case seller lost both item and shipping cost.

However, if selling item in this forum and especially seller does not take paypal or credit card, I don't see any reason why I have to limit buyers only from certain countries. One reason that a member has risen here that he does not want to get headache in filling declaration form or sort of. But this is not the case here.

--------------------
Winbert

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 14, 2013 02:16 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the explanation about Paypal which can be a trap for the seller. Sadly it does happen that items are lost or dammage by the post office, this is one of the disadvantage of buying online, which seems to be how people prefer to do now. I still prefer to see what I buy and even if there are less materials and films at the conventions than a few years ago I still enjoy going there.

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 14, 2013 10:58 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always insure the packages I send to International Customers and Domestic. If you are on the receiving end and you do not get the item than you will get refunded. If the item is lost by the shipping company than you the seller will get refunded by them. I always ship internationally unless the item is large and shipping will be high.
But if the buyer wants to pay the high shipping fees..I will ship to them as well. If you have a high seller rating Paypal will not hold onto the paypal payment even when it is for a large amount. When an auction ends and the buyer makes Payment I get credited immediately.
Love it or hate it..Paypal has made Global selling much easier. Now I don't have to go to the Bank and try to get Euros or do an expensive Bank to Bank transfer.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 22, 2013 07:49 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lens has now been sold.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 22, 2013 11:49 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you got your price, Paul.

I actually have a job for one of these. When I show 'scope films the image spills off the sides of the screen even with the standard zoom all the way "telephoto" (or whatever you call it for projection).

As a consequence I need to move the machine about 5 feet forward to get the image fully on the screen, which requires an extension cable to reconnect to my audio system. Which also leaves a projector planted where my wife sits when we eat dinner (not cool!).

If I could zoom narrower I could leave everything where it usually sits. (Including my family.)

Unfortunately Elmo didn't make a lot of these, so the market is what the market is!

Maybe I need a wider screen, but that would require remodeling the front of the house (again!). The lens would definitely be the smarter choice in that case!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 22, 2013 12:33 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve - I know the problem, I have to do the same sort of moving back when I screen 16mm in scope. With Super 8, my situation was helped when I finally obtained an Elmo F1.0 lens, as this has a bigger range than the 1.1, so you can get a smaller picture from the same position.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC