8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Color Correction Filters F/S (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Color Correction Filters F/S
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 04:05 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now have color correction filters again, these gels are guaranteed to add touched of cyan or green back into your faded Eastman, Fuji, and AGFA film stocks.

$6 for a set of three filters sent in a first class envelope.

International folks, please add an extra $2 for postage.

100% money back guarantee if not satisfied!

Paypal and concealed cash accepted.

Watch all of your faded prints again as they probably looked years ago! Some stocks will be better enhanced than others, as each film is different.

Try these out and post your thoughts about them here...

-

[ February 24, 2017, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 04:50 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these cyan filters? How to fasten them in front of lens?

I'd like some spares, as the cyan filters work miracles for reddish prints. Do you have contrast enhancing ones too? (Not sure if these are the yellow ones)

Christian Schatz
Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 05:34 AM      Profile for Christian Schatz   Email Christian Schatz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, i'm interested. Do you have photos of the filters in action? Before and after pictures? [Smile]

--------------------
KINOTON FP30D w/ 1kW Xenon & FP30 w/ 1.6kW Xenon
BAUER SONOLUX II w/ 36V/400W Halogen
CARL ZEISS TK35/52 w/ 36V/400W Halogen
ELMO ST-1200D M&O 24V/250W Mod with Schneider Lens 1.1 / 11-25

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 05:53 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gerald

I'll take a set. Sending payment now.

Thx

PatD

Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 06:59 AM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thnaks...
Just ordered a set. Check your PayPal account. Sending my mailing address by email.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 07:21 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool.
Just sent ya some cash Gerald. Always wanted to try these out.
Cheers
Terry

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 08:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The need for information is clearly not preventing orders, but it would be interesting to know what they are made of and are they rigid enough to easily fix in front of a lens.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 09:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gerald, I sent you money via PayPal for a set of filters. Thanks!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 09:42 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent also a payment (and an e-mail because I missed the Paypal page that asks you to give the full infomations).

--------------------
Dominique

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use a piece of tape and it works fine. I'm good with taking screenshots of films but, should probably leave it to you guys so that you can see the results. I will however post a picture of how I apply it to the lens. This is not a cyan filter and the gel does enhance contrast -- improving "faded" black and white prints on color stock, in my opinion.

This is how I attach it to my Kodak Pageant with a 1.3 zoom lens. The lamp is 750W, it's set on a two blade shutter, and the picture is still very bright. The loss of light is about 2 stops. I was very, very happily surprised that I finally found a correction filter that worked. It wasn't too blue, nor too green...it was just right. In fact it gives it that "golden, warm SP" look.

-

Get a pair your "Goldilocks" today, all orders placed will be shipped on the same day for a speedy delivery.

--------------------

Dimitris Mpakirtzis
Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 11:31 AM      Profile for Dimitris Mpakirtzis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
payment sent...

--------------------
film is alive

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 02:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So a set of 2 costs only $2 + $2 shipping? If that's so, it's very cheap indeed and I'll send you money soon too for a few sets

Thanks

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 03:15 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right Vidar, you get two swatches of gel for $2. Operators are standing by to take your orders. [Wink]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 07:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you 20 dollars ... Looking forward to see if there's any difference to the ones I have (3 cyan intensities)

Dirt cheap this was :-)

Any chance of buying a couple of sheets from you? I have a 35mm and the lenses are much bigger :-)

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 11:56 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar,

I'll make the pieces bigger and get you more of them if you need any.

They will be going out today...

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 01:39 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super, thank you!

I would love to get some bigger for the 25mm lenses

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 04:15 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Vidar and everyone else who got these. All I've been watching is my old faded films to see what they look like with the filter. I'm way to curious and have been pleased with each one so far.

--------------------

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2013 03:00 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone should be getting their filters or should have them by now. I took a couple of pictures with my little camera, projected onto a white screen.

I have print of Raging Bull (1980) that is sadly, on fading Eastman stock...or is it really so sadly? Has it's curse been lifted? With the use of this gel that has now switched the film from fading magenta to a much better Sepia tone that actually also looks like black and white. You be the judge of this round...

WITHOUT
 -
WITH GEL

I really kinda liked the film when I first saw it despite its color fading. It also has some Kodachrome shots on the second reel that I could not get to tonight but, will compare as possible. Here is another look:

BEFORE
 -
AFTER

Maybe fading prints are not down for the count? I've seen vast improvements with this filter, I'm testing it every day and here are the first pictures. I've yet to try it combined with other filters. The light output will dim if you do but, this one is the best one I've used on it's own. The brightness dosent diminish but, somehow becomes much more balanced.

SENZA FILTRO
 -
CON FILTRO

What do you think?

--------------------

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 11, 2013 04:51 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine today. Thanks for a great deal Gerald. BTW they work great! I would post screen shots but my camera doesn't take good ones.

PatD

[ October 17, 2013, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2013 12:18 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!Gerald you got an email

regards;
luis caramelo

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 24, 2013 01:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could try Gerald's filter on several prints (as I received my two filters some weeks ago). On light red prints, the filter corrects nicely the picture. On medium re prints, I noticed an improvment but the it was still too red, so I put the second filter provided and it was good. On very red film, there is also a good improvment, maybe with a third filter it would be better but the correction is enough for me to make it watchable. An unexpected effect of the filter is that on some copies, it sharpens the picture. It's propbably one of the best value for money deal you can make. Thanks, Gerald.

--------------------
Dominique

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're back folks!

After a couple of years without them, I'll be receiving a shipment of color correcting filters.

Take a look at the details above for information about how you can get a pair while supplies last.

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 03:04 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here they are folks, new and improved, these small sheets can be easily attached with tape to the front of your projector.

Give 'em a try and see for yourself, send me a PM and get yours today.

-

--------------------

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 09:57 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, the filters must be applied one at a time, and you choose the one most suitable according to the print of film (doing tests)?
And if there is need one above the other? Even two or three simultaneously?
I do not know if I understand correctly. [Smile]

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 12:02 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Gerald, I ordered 2 sets, I know how they work. It's a nicer way to watch faded prints. Glad we can have them through you. Warmest regards, Gilbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC