8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » WTB Standard lens for ELMO GS1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB Standard lens for ELMO GS1200
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2014 11:25 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am looking for the standard lens for the Elmo GS1200. If some good soul has one for sale at a reasonable price then I'm your buyer, thank you

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2014 01:47 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which lens would that be? I have an Elmo 1.3 that was standard with the GS-800.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 25, 2014 03:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark, there's a standard GS1200 f1.1 lens on E Bay Uk for a buy it now price of around £80 if I am not mistaken.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2014 04:46 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, yes I saw that lens, was hoping to pay way less though. The reason is my GS1200 has a Schneider Krauznach f1.1 11 to 30mm, I want to sell this lens and put the original elmo lens back in place.

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2014 05:51 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion the Schneider lens is superior to the Elmo 1.1 lens. If you want a real upgrade then the Elmo 1.0 lens is the one to go for. Drawbacks are: it's price and it's shallow depth of field.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2014 06:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt anyone would sell an f1.1 decent Elmo lens for much less, that is around the price that I have paid in the past and anything up to £100 appears to be what they sell for nowadays when in good condition.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 27, 2014 08:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew The Schneider lenses take some beating. If I were to upgrade the 1.1 you have look out for the Schneider 1.3 as it gives most gorgeous clarity which personally I prefer to any lens on 8mm.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2014 06:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never projected with a Schneider f1.3 Lee, though I do have a f1.2 besides my f1.1 for the Bauer, but I only ever use the f1.1 to be honest as it gives off a far superior sharper image to my eyes and gives off a much larger picture over a 22ft throw as I use mine.

[ April 04, 2014, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2014 07:39 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, then I may just keep the Schneider lens with the GS1200.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 02, 2014 01:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, i think that would be the most sensible thing to do unless you want the lens to sell the GS1200? The reason I say this is because a lot of ELMO users apparently prefer the Schneider lens over the Elmo and therefore purchase an adaptor and lens to replace the original with.

I doubt you would feel you have gained anything by finding an original lens even in mint condition. I use the GS f1.1 lens and I have The Schneider f1.1 lens in both my Bauer T610 as well as my Beaulieu 708el Stereo and both give off far superior image quality than my ST1200 with the Elmo f1.1 lens fitted.

--------------------

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2014 09:17 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all, have now had to put the projector up for sale with the Schneider lens to pay for my garage repair bill.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC