8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » WANTED ... R-1008-MD sync box "Pedro box"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED ... R-1008-MD sync box "Pedro box"
Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 05:18 AM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
R-1008-MD sync box wanted !! I had (have) one of these on order from Pedro. The last time I heard from him he said it would be ready by February 2014. I know he's a very busy man but he seems to have dropped out of existence or something. His website is down and he isn't answering my emails anymore (I hope hes ok)
So im hoping that possibly someone out there may have one that they're not using anymore and would like to sell. Maybe youve upgraded your system, moved on to crystal sync or something. So turn your pulse box back into cash and contact me please !!!!
Thanks, Doug

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 05:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have deleted this original post due to it being somewhat disrespectful I felt under the circumstances that Doug has now very kindly explained.

My sincere humble apologies everyone!

Wishing Pedro & his loved ones all the good fortune in the world in 2015.

[ December 29, 2014, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 08:37 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, perhaps I missed something here but what do Spanish collectors have to do with Pedro? He's a German guy, in fact. I got my Sync box in summer 2005 after just a few weeks since the order; he is a great man and truly hope he and is family are fine.

--------------------
Maurizio

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 08:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies Maurizio, I got his nationality mixed up. It had been at least 18 months since I visited his site before attempting to again this morning. What we need then is our German fraternity to voice up then.

[ December 28, 2014, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, Pedro/Super8Sync! Write something, we are all so much worried; a few days ago a friend of mine in Rome tried to contact him, too, but to no avail. What the h*** is going on???!!! [Confused]

--------------------
Maurizio

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 09:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It would appear then that perhaps his circumstances have changed. Hopefully someone will explain who is in the know.

--------------------

Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 07:32 PM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did hear from Pedro yesterday. He's had a serious illness in his family and has had to step back from his side business for awhile. He's a good man and a stand up guy so lets cut him a little slack. Im sure he'll be back around when circumstances permit. Pedro if you read this know that your very much missed in the filming community and we wish you all the best. Your in my thoughts and prayers !!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 07:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for clearing that up Doug, now everyone knows what has happened, I am certain everyone will respect your sentiments and leave Pedro well and truly alone for the time being to concentrate on the far more important aspects in his personal life.

Thanks for posting and thanks for clarification on the matter as people were genuinely concerned.

--------------------

Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 07:55 PM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, I didnt mean to create a stir. I just didnt know. Thanks to Pedro for the update.
Im still looking for a sync box if anyone has one they're willing to part with. Thanks !!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 08:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I sincerely hope someone has it in their heart to assist you with this Doug while your options are severely limited. I just wish I had one to send to you but unfortunately, I don't.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC