8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO 1.1 Lens FOR SALE NOW SOLD!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO 1.1 Lens FOR SALE NOW SOLD!!
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2015 10:09 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a really nice Elmo 1.1 lens for the ST-1200HD. It works with other Elmo models too. It's the black one and comes with the original lens cap. I don't have the box so selling it for $150.00 + $8.00 to ship to USA only. Sold all my films so I have no need for it any more. Will also be listing my ELMO ST-1200HD 2-track projector in the next day or two. NOW FREE SHIPPING

Thank you!

[ September 19, 2015, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Roger Shunk ]

|  IP: Logged

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your bulk sale Roger.
I'd like to know what the 1.1 lens would do for my ST1200HD? I find i can never get my lens to focus as good as i want. Would an upgrade be better for this? Currently I have a 1.3 lens(stock i guess). I really have never upgraded a lens, being somewhat newer to Super 8. Any info is appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

[ September 24, 2015, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Mathew James ]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2015 02:03 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mathew,

Thank you for your reply and yes the reason I purchased this lens in the first place was that it gives a much sharper picture than the standard plastic stock elmo lens and it's a tad brighter. Also you can zoom it in & out to get a much larger image which is really a plus if you want a bigger picture which you can then adjust to your size screen. I'm sure other forum members can shine some light on the subject as well.

Thanks,
Roger

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx for that info Roger. Yes, I would love a new lens then.....but it will have to be 'one day'.... With the current dollar and exchange rate here, I will have to wait a bit I suppose.
I bought a couple films the other day that cost 24$US. With shipping, the total was just over 50$canadian. Can you imagine!!
It takes alot of stamina for us Canadians to stay in this hobby [Smile] [Smile] Good luck with the sale regardless!
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2015 02:52 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greeting Mathew,
Hope this post finds you both healthy & happy!
Yeah that's a bummer about the exchange rate that you have to deal with does make the hobby more costly! On a more positive note don't you get free health care there?

I will probably just end up listing the lens with the projector and offer a package deal then.

"Stay Happy & Keep Smiling"
[Smile] [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 17, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 1:1 lens will give a much bigger and brighter image all round, if there is ever an issue where the screen is out of focus on one side or another this is more than often a fault elsewhere.
i upgraded some years ago to a 1:1 from a standard 1:3 and the difference was huge.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2015 07:37 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, How does this elmo 1.1 compare to Kevin Clark's silver lens on the other thread?
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002715
Is one better than the other. Is there something i should look out for in purchasing this type of lens?
Thanx,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 17, 2015 08:50 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you are giving up cine Roger, but I fully understand your delight with digital projection. I just hope that you will continue to grace us with your presence on this forum from time to time. After all, none of us know how to make scratches disappear! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2015 10:53 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul,
Thank you for your kind words but I'm not getting out of cine I'm just switching over to the 16mm format! I woke up one day and realized I have no time or expense & space for both so I opted to go with 16mm only and that is why I sold all my Super8mm films. I love film too much and will always be a big fan of this hobby & will always stay with it. I'm happy with my 16mm and digital.

Also speaking of the 1.1 lens why did them make a silver one and a black one? Is one better than the other? Curious minds would like to know! [Smile]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2015 02:30 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Roger

The outer finish of the Elmo F1.1 lenses changed at some point over the years from silver to black therefore yours is a later and newer version than mine - optically as the ratings are the same they should look the same on screen although all lenses can vary from batch to batch.

Kevin

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2015 08:04 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Kevin,

Thank you for explaining the difference I thought maybe they just ran out of silver paint on that day & went with black! [Big Grin]

Mathew Kevin's price for his lens is a great deal!
They usually go for $150-175 on here.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC