8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Bolex SP8 Adapters or similar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Bolex SP8 Adapters or similar
Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2015 12:22 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hello there, long time no see!

Anyway, I just procured a Bolex SP8 in a somewhat shitty trade that I half-regret, but alas, I figured I'd try and make the most of it.

So what I need are the Standard 8 adapters for a Bolex SP8. I got a machine in pretty OK condition, but the Std. 8 adapters for it - gate included - are missing.

Does anyone have these for sale?

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 11, 2015 12:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Christian ! Nice to see you around. I didn't see the specific projector mentionned on this page but it may worth at these models : http://shop.van-eck.net/projector-parts/adaptor-sleeves/p-1a/

--------------------
Dominique

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2015 11:56 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Christian. The Bolex SP8 is the Bolex version of the Eumig 810 or at least my SP8E is. I did not think they made a dual gauge version of the Bolex. However, the parts from a defunct Eumig 810D may fit. Ken Finch.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 14, 2015 03:15 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bolex SP8 is for Super 8 and single 8, the latter not to be confused with standard 8.
It is not a dual gauge projector.
The same applies to the Bolex SP8E.

[ December 15, 2015, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Maurice Leakey ]

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2015 06:55 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. The last Bolex projector to accept standard 8mm was the standard 8 version of the 18-5. All the later ones are Eumig clones but Super 8 only.

--------------------
Paul.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2015 03:14 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. My Bolex SP8E is for Super 8 only. I wonder why some manufacturers specified Super 8 and single 8 as different gauges when the only real difference was the camera cassette. The single 8 cassette was almost identical to the old 9.5mm "charger"! Ken Finch.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2015 09:34 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian: That half regret probably just went to a full regret. Many people have been confused by Bolex when they advertised a projector as being able to play Super 8 and Single 8.

[ December 18, 2015, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Barry Fritz ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC