8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » SOLD Elmo ST-1200 HD Magnetic Only

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLD Elmo ST-1200 HD Magnetic Only
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 07:52 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Selling an Elmo ST 1200 HD M in excellent clean condition with a 1.3 lens as standard. I have owned this for a long time but it has sat as a spare projector and not really used.

Has been run and all working as it should. Does not scratch film- guides are in good shape. I will attempt to upload some photos.

Comes with original case and the little Elmo box that sits underneath though I am not sure what was originally meant to be in there!

Postage at cost as always.

£175.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 09:05 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be interested in this one Tony, does the HD output in stereo? And where are you based?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 14, 2016 08:09 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The HD outputs as stereo, but only as line level signals: you need to connect an external amplifier to get stereo sound.

I don't run this way a lot because Super-8 stereo sound isn't exactly overwhelming (-and so many cables!), but the fact that the ST-1200HD is twin track means in a blended monaural mode I can at least hear all the sound.

The other night I was projecting Fantasia 2000. There's a sequence between the songs where Bette Midler is talking about how songs are selected for Fantasia and they put her almost entirely in the right channel. If I project this on a monaural machine, she's almost inaudible.

-The only way to enjoy this is a twin track machine.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 08:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I entirely agree with Steve's assessment of this here. Best left for what it is, a twin track machine.

Get a stereo dedicated machine Stuart if it's an important factor to your needs.

Not all Stereo films will have a strong powerful balance stripe though. Something you may wish to consider.

Far better in many instances, given the narrow track width, when you playback a true stereo film on the actual machine it has been recorded on.

Just something to bear in mind here perhaps.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2016 09:35 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'd be running it through my home cinema amp anyway... and until I can stretch to the GS (which I'll run sync sound with) I think it would be a vast improvement on the Noris I've got. Tony can you PM me your email addy and I'll arrange purchasing it from you.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 09:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed! Hope you enjoy it Stuart, great amplifiers and Mag Heads on these HD models!.

There was both the rare f1.0 and the F1.1 lens available for these over on e bay when i last looked btw,Stuart.
As you know, a great improvement for these over and above the standard lens for image quality, brightness and size of image obtainable from shorter throw distances.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 16, 2016 04:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you wont be disappointed with this machine, we have had these for 35 years and i swear by them, very good sound, i put our films through an old pioneer stereo amp, it is only twin track however we ourselves only have a handful of actual stereo films but they still sound great & on both tracks. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 16, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I just swear at them Tom! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Only joshing mucker [Wink]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 17, 2016 01:58 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2016 04:02 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I see an F1.1 on the Bay right now, but it's been dinked on the rim. Seller says it doesn't affect performance but I'd wonder what other horrors have befallen it. Probably best to steer clear?

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2016 11:52 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart. If you are looking for a better lens I have both a 1.0 and a Schneider 1.1 in the right sleeve that I will be selling if you are interested. You are welcome to try them out when you collect the projector.

--------------------
Tony

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 17, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1.0 is a great lens and will improve the ST immensely.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC