8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo 1.0 Lens on Ebay -Sold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 1.0 Lens on Ebay -Sold
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 12:13 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone-I have a really nice 1.0 lens on Ebay. If you are a member here I can knock off 49.00 off the Ebay price and sell it outright for $350 shipped if you are in US. For overseas I can get an estimate for you. Its one of the nicest Ive had and the barrel is nice and smooth with no slop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elmo-1-0-Super-8mm-12-5-30mm-Zoom-Lens-Bigg er-Sharper-Brighter-Image-/182074569302?

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Feuerstein
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 05:17 AM      Profile for Patrick Feuerstein   Email Patrick Feuerstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the diameter?

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 09:46 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I do not know actually! It is a non standard size as it is bigger than the 28mm Bauer lenses, but smaller than the 32mm Beaulieu lenses. I know it will fit in most of the Elmo machines but not sure about compatibility with other non-Elmo machines. If I could fit it on my Beaulieu I would. It is really a superb lens.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It really wouldn't cost much Alan to get an adapter sleeve made for this lens if it has a smooth straight barrel. It would have a wall thickness then of 2mm.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 02:23 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The smallest part of the Elmo lenses (which slides into the holder) is a shade under 32mm.

--------------------
John Hermes

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 02:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry misread what Alan was saying here regarding this size of lens. Surely some shim steel of accurate thickness would suffice here then.

Readily available from Engineers merchants the world over.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 03, 2016 09:57 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was my fault Andrew! I think in my original post I said the lens was smaller than the Beaulieu Schneider. Its actually bigger- it starts small at the one end but then gets much bigger towards the front. Thats why it won't fit into the Beaulieu lens clamp.
I am surprised the lens has lasted this long. I put it in an Elmo GS800 and the results were really spectacular. I felt like I was watching my GS1200 but just a quieter version. Picture with a 1.0 lens compared to the 1.3 or even the 1.1 is really mind boggling. Its not a small difference.. its a HUGH difference. You feel like you don't even have to pull out the GS1200 unless you need larger reel capacity. This GS800 even has optical!
I updated the auction with a youtube video and also some pics. This lens is not just good.. its GREAT.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 04, 2016 04:30 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
i hope it sells for quickly Alan, it's such a shame it cannot fit your Beaulieu projector. The image would be phenomenal, that's for sure! [Wink]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 04, 2016 08:01 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On hold pending payment. If I could put it on the Beaulieu it would stay there forever. But now it's going to a new home. Stunning lens- really. The new owner will LOVE it. I'm so positive about that. I've only come across 2 out of 5 that were like this one. I think the difference is that this one and the one I own were both sold as stand alone lenses. The other 3 came with the machines? Maybe that's the difference. Not sure but the new owner will see why this lens is a technical marvel. It's Elmo's Noctilux!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 04, 2016 08:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just like us human beings, all lenses are individually crafted items it has to be said, and very often one betters another despite the fact they appear identical in manufacture.

I have witnessed this same phenomenon myself as what Alan describes above. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC