8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Audiosync 25 fps for Elmo GS 1200 for selling / Sold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Audiosync 25 fps for Elmo GS 1200 for selling / Sold
Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2016 06:30 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
selling this audiosync 25 fps, used but good working condition, bought from Wittner. With cables and an AC-DC Adaptor 230V-50Hz. 1.5v until 12v
Make sure that you have a second or third series of Elmo GS 1200,
I know the first series only works at 18fps???????? Not sure....

Price £ 130.-- + shipping -paypal invoice

-
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2016 06:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How does this device work, it appears to have phono sockets for one input? Is that correct? Also a 6pin din socket?

Does it simply connect to the ess socket and raise the projector speed to precisely 25fps internally, or do you need to feed it a signal through the phono sockets from a pc to generate the 25Hz signal from an external pc pulse signal for example?

[ June 04, 2016, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2016 07:23 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,I bought this audiosync some times ago, I used one time, I only remember these instructions.

sorry for my english

1 Place the 5-pin DIN connector to the projector and Syncro
2nd Place the current transformer Syncro (regulated to 7.5 Volts)
3rd Place Syncro switch in position "FREI"
4th Place the projector selector in position "ESS" (perform this operation with the projector running FWD)
6 Adjust the regulator "PULSE LEVEL" until the line is in the center of the red zone and the blue zone. (Perform this operation with the projector running FWD)
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2016 08:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
So what are the Red and White Phono sockets used for?
A sound input?

After reading step 2, I'm none the wiser if i'm honest having never used one of these units.
Its just a mains adapter to power the device, isn't it?
Current transformer, Synchro ??? [Confused]

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2016 08:33 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, Andrew, Red and White Phono sockets used for a sound imput.
A power adapter to power the device.

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2016 08:38 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
So does the device send out the audio signals in stereo and a 25hz generated pulse to the GS, all through the DIN socket here, Alessandro?

thanks for photo's and Lessons on this here btw Alessandro! [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2016 08:56 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Andrew thanks for your understanding.
The device send out the audio signals in stereo(?) and a 25hz generated pulse to the GS, all through the DIN socket.

I am not so good with this device , but here I have found this old topic.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=1;t=002909

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2016 10:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alessandro! I will do a little studying here first.

--------------------

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2016 04:36 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, is the price negotiable? It is a lot of money if the item does not run the projector. I would buy if you can lower the price please. Thank you, Mark

Bonjour, est le prix est négociable? Il est beaucoup d'argent si l'article ne fonctionne pas le projecteur . Je voudrais acheter si vous pouvez baisser le prix s'il vous plaît . Merci, Mark

Hallo, ist der Preis verhandelbar? Es ist eine Menge Geld, wenn das Element nicht den Projektor läuft. Ich würde kaufen, wenn Sie den Preis bitte senken kann. Danke , Mark

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2016 04:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy speaks perfect English Mark???

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2016 11:18 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] Hi Mark, I have sent a PM.
thanks

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,I have tested the unit , it works seamlessly at 25 fps with the projector. thanks

Shipping included

[ June 08, 2016, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Alessandro Pavoni ]

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 06:05 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alessandro, I cannot reply via private message as your mail box is full. Can you PM me please? Thank you, Mark

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM you Mark.
thanks

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen,
this device does more than just regulating the GS 1200 to precisely/consistently 25 fps: it can also start the machine automatically when the device is fed with a suitable sound cue. That's why it is supplied with a line input stereo socket. It is the ideal complement for the GS 1200 if you want to screen unstriped features: you prepare a soundtrack on any NLE system and you put a sync cue beep on the leader of the (video) film. When projecting, you pause the GS on the relevant cue frame, you start the DVD or other media you finalized the soundtrack on and when the same frame is played back, the cue beep will automatically switch the gs from pause to FWD prj. No more fidgeting finding the perfect sync everytime you start a print:everything works perfectly from start to finish via the ESS socket which can also make the projector stop even if it is in running mode (you use the green button and the switch on the unit for this).

All these features may be of even greater interest for those who make their own projects on super 8, i.e. shoot film: they can post produce sound on NLE and run both film and track separately and in sync thus uniting the best of both worlds: analog for images and digital for sound!
I find the price reasonable, considering these units undergo no wear (no moving parts inside) and this one looks like new.

--------------------
Maurizio

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2016 11:12 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two questions Maurizio, why does it need to run at 25 fps ?, and what is NLE system ?. I have a film recorded I believe at 25 fps so I cannot run this on a projector that does not have variable speed control, because it sounds slow, annoying really.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 19, 2016 11:18 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Maurizio for that detailed explanation, most appreciated my friend! [Wink]

Are these still available from FFR?

It's a product I'd like to own and hopefully one day use with a MK III machine when the right one surfaces.

Thanks again Maurizio.

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2016 05:51 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul and Andrew.
NLE stands for Non Linear Editing System: it refers to such systems as Premiere, Avid etc. I use one of these to prepare cued leadered audio masters which I use for double system screening and/or for transferring sound onto film stripe. In this way this accessory not only has the GS run at exactly 25 fps, but also starts the it at the precise cued on the leader.

Why 25? Because if you need to transfer a film's soundtrack from a DVD or a VHS (European PAL system), you have to cope with the fact the film contained in them was transferred at an actual frame rate of 25 fps: it's the only way to have a 24 fps celluloid film run as smooth as possible on a TV screen, albeit at the cost of a somewhat reduced lenght. So if you want to redub a feature, the film to be redubbed (or improved in sound quality) must run at 25: provided there are no missing frame on either sources, the operation will be successful 100%.

Once a soundtrack has been transferred in this way at 25 fps, you can also project it on ANY machine running at 24: it will sound almost imperceptibly slower, but it will still be true to the original speed: don't forget all features shown on TV and DVD actually run at 25 so eventually you may get used to this higher frame rate...

If you have problems with a film whose soundtrack was transferred at 25 and you screen it at 24, you shouldn't experience a huge difference: indeed it's almost unnoticeable. Chances are the track was recorded at a higher frame rate or the machine you use for projection runs at a lower frame rate.

In any case the unit for sale here will not give such problems.

For Andrew: I don't know if you can still buy it new; I can tell you you don't need a verison 3 GS 1200 to use this box. The speed control board needs a minimal mod to be used at both speeds.

--------------------
Maurizio

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2016 06:03 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurizio, The speed control board needs a minimal mod to be used at both speeds, here on the(Ugo picture) you can see.

-

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2016 06:21 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Maurizio, very good explanation. I was looking at a forum about this sort of problem, that stated ensure the pitch is locked as this is more a concern when syncing up sound to picture.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 08:47 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Private message sent to you Maurizio. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC