8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FS: Elmo 25-50 1.2 and 1.4, Elmo 12.5-25 1.1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: Elmo 25-50 1.2 and 1.4, Elmo 12.5-25 1.1
Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2016 09:45 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the following lenses for sale, trade for film, or OBO.
The prices do not include shipping. Shipping would be from Japan. Payment by Paypal(friend/family preferred or buyer pays fees).

The Elmo long throw lens is a great lens to have if your projector is far away from your screen or if you have a scope image that is too large for your screen.

Elmo 12.5-25 1.1 $100 SOLD
(Original storage case, glass clear,lens in very good condition)

Elmo 25-50 1.2 $̶1̶5̶0̶ $100 SOLD
(The inside of the front element of lens and inner lens element is hazy. It looks like it's fungus.

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $̶1̶0̶0̶ $̶9̶0̶
(Original storage case, lens in very good condition) SOLD

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $̶1̶0̶0̶ $̶9̶0̶
(Lens in very good condition) SOLD

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $90 SOLD
(Original box, storage case, very good condition)

Elmo 12.5-30 1.0 $175 SOLD
(Inside of front lens element is hazy. It looks like it's fungus.)

Elmo 12.5-30 f1.0 $275(best lens to use on an Elmo SUper 8 projector) SOLD Off-site

Elmoscope II Anamorphic lens $400 withdrawn
(Rebadged Kowa 8Z lens)

Kowa 8Z Anamorphic lens $350 withdrawn
(there are a small thin line of bubbles inside the lens,I believe its fungus but I'm not sure. I've used the lens for showing scope features and did not notice any degradation in the quality of the picture.

Pictures can be emailed upon request.
I'm open to any reasonable offers.

[ June 14, 2018, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Jason Smith ]

|  IP: Logged

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2017 11:20 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Price drop.Shipping from within USA is available first week of May.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2017 06:21 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Price dropped down to $90 and new lens added for $100 that has original box and hard case..

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2017 08:29 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Updated the original post and added some new lenses and some price drops.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 03, 2017 06:47 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-morning, Jason!

I'd like this one:

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $90
(Original box, storage case, very good condition)

-and you won't need to ship it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, any prints in particular you'd like to trade for the Kowa 8z?

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2017 06:01 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I'll bring it with me to Cinesea. Thanks!

Stuart,Here are a few things I'm interested in.

Derann releases
Any films educational, documentary, concerning Japan in Super 8 or 16mm
Hitchcock
SciFi
Trailers
Cartoons
16mm features
IB Tech Cartoons/Features
16mm TV shows/commercials

Send me a PM and let me know if there is anything you might be willing to part with even if it is not listed above.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2017 06:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Go for it Stuart!

After further evidence from viewing this evening, I am entirely convinced more than ever now that this scope lens must be among one of the very very best you could ever place in front of your Beaulieu! [Wink]

-

-

[ October 03, 2017, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2017 05:04 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too true Andy, but as far as I can see my model doesn't have a flash sync socket so I'm stumped as to how to mount it cleanly. I've got a standalone lens stand which I'm using with a Sankor but it's an inelegant solution, plus due to the Beaulieu design I can't get the lens close enough without fouling the roller or nudging against the inching knob.

Jason, you have a PM.

[ October 06, 2017, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Reid ]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2017 04:24 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly Stuart none of the earlier Beaulieus had 'scope lens bracket shoes fitted - as you have tried a stand alone mount perhaps this will not be ideal but I do have a genuine Widescreen Centre mount which is heavier with a longer lens holding arm I am sure could be mounted to the front side of the projector without getting in the way of the rollers or controls. I am happy to send it to you to try out first.

Kevin

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2017 01:24 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of you Kev, but I've sorted a solution. I just have to zoom down the image a wee bit which allows me to have the scope lens a little further in front of the machine. That seems to sort the problem out.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2017 11:59 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin, sent you a PM, Del.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2017 03:33 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Stu great to hear you have found a 'scope lens mount solution - Del I've PM'd you back and posted the package!

Jason - please accept my apologies for taking your thread off topic a bit - you have some excellent lenses for sale there at really reasonable prices and hopefully some 8mm (and 16mm) forum members will buy them soon.

Kevin.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2017 06:26 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Kevin. I really would prefer to sell them directly to members of this forum rather than list them on eBay. Hopefully I will find a buyer on here.

Jon Foy
Junior

- posted October 16, 2017 09:18 AM      Profile for Jon Foy   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Foy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jason,

I'd be interested in buying your Elmo ii and/or Kowa 8z (shipping to the US). Are they available?

Thanks,
Jon

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 10:17 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jon,

I have someone interested in the Kowa 8z but the Elmoscope II is still available.

However, I feel as if you just joined the forum just to buy the lenses to use for Anamorphic shooting and not projection. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I realize I could sale these lenses for much more on eBay but I wanted to make these lenses available at a lower price to those who would use them for 8mm or 16mm projection and to someone who is a contributor to this forum.

If I am unable to find a buyer on here, I may be in contact with you.

Jon Foy
Junior

- posted October 16, 2017 10:32 AM      Profile for Jon Foy   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Foy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jason.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2017 10:10 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jason,

Have you any documentation concerning "possible" Servicing for ELMO lenses ?

I need to remove front part from a 1.0 lens. It seems Front barel is a 2 parts assembly, however impossible to untighten front ring with fingers only.
I would like to take special cares to do it.
Do you think it is possible rings are assembled with something like soft "Loctite"?
Do I need , as prerequisite, to manage 2 special "soft" gripping tools to allow disassembly of front barrel ?

Thanks in advance

[ November 15, 2017, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Phil Murat ]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2017 12:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Phil

To open up the Elmo F1.0 lens first you need to remove the rubber from around the lens barrel - simply lift one edge of it with a toothpick or similar then work it around until fully removed.

Then apply isopropyl alcohol to the edge of the lens ring inside and out - make sure it literally drips into the ring so it softens the fixing glue applied by Elmo during manufacture.

Leave for a few hours - then apply masking tape around the barrel to give you more grip - hold tight and twist and it will loosen - no clamps or vices needed.

Hope this helps - I will try and upload some photos soon as I have an F1.0 to strip down here when I get the time.

Kevin.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2017 10:24 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kevin for that advice. I attempted in the past once to take apart one of my lenses but gave up.

My Kowa 8Z and Elmoscope II are still available but with stipulations. I only want to sell these lenses to someone who is going to use these for Super 8 or 16mm projection. I also do not want to sell these to someone who is immediately going to resell them.

I'm willing to trade these for Super 8mm,16mm,and 35mm film.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 03, 2017 02:02 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very useful advice about opening and cleaning lenses has been moved to its very own topic.

All further replies in this thread should concern purchasing Jason's remaining lenses.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2017 10:19 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have the following lenses remaining.

Elmo 25-50 1.2 $̶1̶5̶0̶ $100
(The inside of the front element of lens and inner lens element is hazy. It looks like it's fungus.

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $̶1̶0̶0̶ $̶9̶0̶ $75
(Original storage case, lens in very good condition)

Elmo 25-50 1.4 $̶1̶0̶0̶ $̶9̶0̶ $75
(Lens in very good condition)

I can ship these lenses from within the USA if they are bought within the next week.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 08:52 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of the lenses on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/filmfromjapan

[ January 28, 2018, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Jason Smith ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC