8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Beaulieu 708 EL Stereo Capstan drive for selling (Sold) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Beaulieu 708 EL Stereo Capstan drive for selling (Sold)
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 04:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Balls wouldn't come into it Ricky with one of these. It's the wrong shape and size to fit into the overhead locker space standing up, that's all.

Lie it on it's back, there is a good chance you would damage the rear cover at some point within the flight.

Anyhow, either way, it isn't something I personally would be prepared to risk after shelling out £1200+ (if you include flight etc) to acquire this beautiful machine.

As it is, there isn't even a mark on it.

Just thinking it through....

The plane banks once, and someone has the job of explaining why a two stone solid metal object has just flew out of a cabin locker and landed on some poor souls noggin sat in the opposite isle!!

No thanks!! 😂😂😂

[ November 16, 2016, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2016 05:08 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish someone would hurry up and buy this wonderful machine and put me out of my misery, Alan maybe ?????????

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 16, 2016 05:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully Del. [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2016 09:06 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish someone would hurry up and buy this wonderful machine and put me out of my misery, Alan maybe ?????????
No matter how tempting a sale, there is risk getting it here in one piece.

The Beaulieu is easily one of my best and most enjoyable performers. Most all my projectors were sourced from the other side of the pond. Even when packaged properly and shipped express ( 2nd day ) my track recored has been 50% the package will be miss handled and the content will suffer some sort of damage.

This offering peaks my interest but it would serve as a back up or parts machine to my HTI 708. The projector looks to be in the very best condition and deserves to be in the hands of someone who will use it and enjoy it. I am puzzled it has not sold yet... come on guys, someone buy this fine machine!!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 17, 2016 10:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just this minute speaking with my dear friend Mr Parsons about many different technical matters surrounding the hobby, but in passing I was saying the very same things as you just have there Alan regarding this machine.

If it was not Christmas next month and if it could be sent the way I described earlier, a method I associate with another good good friend in this hobby, Ian, then I would have purchased it already by now.

It is an absolute beauty by the looks of things and far far too good to be kept only as a spares machine.

I have invested heavily this year already in brand new Beaulieu spare parts before they disappear forever sadly and I have just very recently purchased another spare machine myself.
Otherwise I would have certainly been forced into buying it.

Whoever finally takes the plunge with this one, will surely never be disappointed so long as it arrives in the very state you are seeing it in now! [Wink]

--------------------

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2016 11:05 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
forced into buying it
Andrew without knowing it you just gave everyone the perfect excuse ( for those with a spouse) to justify their next purchase. [Smile]
Disclaimer: Using this line may result being kicked to the couch [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 17, 2016 11:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Some things in life Alan, are just too good to resist...and this is one of them!
Hence the use of the word "forced"

It's mental torture to me to see this sat here in waiting.
Its like Kate Middleton without a Prince on her arm! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2016 04:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may well cost less to simply ask Alessandro how much he would charge you to drive 'over the border' into France, Germany or Italy and post the parcel from there, thus saving on export / import paperwork and Customs duties V.A.T. etc.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 18, 2016 05:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Kevin.it really all does depend on what lengths both buyer and seller would be willing to go outside of getting another "local" sale.

I don't believe I hear of too many collectors from Switzerland these days but there must still be a few I suppose.

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, Iin Switzerland we are few, I have a dear friend who at the end of September has the only public cinema Super 8/16 mm,
Hall of 24 seats with the possibility with a stage for theater and readings , 3 weekly projections, even theater pieces and readings.
I want to ask him if I can put some pictures.

Andrew like you said, the shipment of Beaulieu makes me a little anxious, I would not That a marvelous machine went to pieces. I have sent some projektor und never have had some troubles. I always do as you say two packages.
But It is always a risk.

I'm thinking seriously to propose the buyer to come to my house for pickup, however, I realize that it is quite almost impossible that happen.

Kevin, I thought the expedition from the border, however, I must say that is the risk of being stopped at customs and having to also pay duties and taxes.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 18, 2016 01:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Is nobody interested in it from your homeland Alessandro?

It really should never have sat in waiting for a new owner this long.

Maybe the timing of the sale has not helped here so close to Christmas.

If I'd have known about the possibility of this machine becoming available for sale a few months back, then it would have fit the bill perfectly.

As it is, I've spent considerably more than this is on brand new spares and another machine in recent times.

I hope it sells soon now for you though Alessandro.
As said, no one involved in S8 could wish for more!

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 10:40 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Del, I have sent you a PM. Thanks for looking.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 30, 2016 08:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this could be coming my way by mid January now seeing as no one else seems to want to chance it due to transit issues??

Here's hoping [Smile]

[ December 01, 2016, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 05:21 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good-grief Andrew - with shifts like those, there really is no 'peace for the hard-working'! [Frown]

But at least it should put you firmly on the moral high ground (with anyone) should you finally succumb and make the acquisition in the New Year! [Wink]

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 01, 2016 05:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Alessandro has informed me he has a buyer thankfully now for his superb machine.

I am extremely pleased for both him and its new owner.
Someone, completely unbeknown to me, is going to have a very merry Christmas!

Well done that man! [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 12:28 PM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold.
and they lived happily forever..................... [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Thank you all for participating in this wonderful topic.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 28, 2017 06:32 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's remind ourselves of that famous line one more time...

"Quality Sells itself, a real beauty. The new owner will be very pleased."

Mmmm,.. "Quality sells.." or on a different day, "An Over Engineered Machine That Will Need All Of The Help It Can Get For The Future?"

And I am the guy who speaks rubbish apparently!

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 01:40 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Andrew and your speaking it again,

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 01, 2017 03:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 04:08 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cheap shot Andrew, it won't work with me, you might be able to bully people on another forum to throw in the towel, not with me, I stick by what I said on both occasions, even if have to dig up old threads to back up some kind of argument. How long did you look for that, you are sad, you need to get out more, I think watching all those Disney films has gone to your head.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 01, 2017 04:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I revisit many an old thread Paul on many an occasion. I also tend to remember what has been said by the respected members of our forums Paul.

Therefore upon realizing I knew I had heard two completely different opinions of yours on these machines,I was more than a little surprised given your knowledge and experience in the hobby.

I am neither a bully or a person who condones this kind of behaviour BY anybody TO anybody and just to put your mind at rest Paul, we are out this evening thanks,at a show in the city centre, otherwise, as I'd have been able to get a ticket for this one,...I'd have been at the Etihad.

As said, I was just a little surprised at the somewhat contradictory statement recently given your excellent knowledge and experience in the hobby, that's all.

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't go back over old statements to dig up subjects, but to understand what I said, there is at least 3 month's difference between the two, and wittners statement about the parts for these had not been announced, I'm sure you will check that though. The parts are now depleted to almost nothing, no doubt you have most of them, the second later statement refers to the fact if you want to keeps this projector working you will need find some ingenious ways to replace or repair, that includes the crap plastic hub, which is now 3 redesigns down the road, and the crap back cover, and if you look hard enough you find I have mentioned this too here somewhere. I am not like some on here who think they need to run an idea past you for approval, you are not my mentor, or any kind expert, just a self appointed one, a legend in your own lunchtime.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 01, 2017 11:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only the (relatively) new sales rules were in place back on November 2016.......

It is time to close this thread.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC