8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » DV8 Sniper SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DV8 Sniper SOLD
Gregory Oliver
Junior

- posted February 23, 2017 09:33 AM      Profile for Gregory Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I upgraded to a moviestuff.tv RetroScan Universal, and so my old unit is just sitting here collecting dust.
It was working fine when I shut it down, and includes the PCI card for the computer interface.
If anybody is interested, I will let it go for $500 plus shipping. (Shipping alone will be about $100 depending on where.)

-

Thanks,
Gregory

[ February 23, 2017, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Gregory Oliver ]

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 23, 2017 04:53 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gregory can you put a link to show the result of this scanner please. To see how good is the result, a downloadbale link is much appreciated rather than a youtube link which is highly compressed.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gregory Oliver
Junior

- posted February 23, 2017 08:56 PM      Profile for Gregory Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
posting links is beyond my level of expertise, but I uploaded a snippet of a file in MPEG to:
http://grego-concepts.com/8mmsample/collection-cl67_picnic-passions.mpg
If that doesn't work for you, give me a suggestion where I should try next.
Gregory

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 23, 2017 11:53 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Gregory it works for me. But due to the quality of material being transferred is already bad, it doesn't do it justice.

If you can have a better material, that does not out of focus and dirty, it will be great.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gregory Oliver
Junior

- posted February 24, 2017 10:35 AM      Profile for Gregory Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That example was a snippet from a 35+ year old film, and shows the wear and tear you'd expect from a film that was not handled professionally, warts and all.
I thought the focus was fairly accurate, but my eyes aren't as good as the once were.
I'll go back and look for one from the same time period that is better, if I get a chance. All I am trying to do is show the results from this particular unit. I was hoping to find someone that already has one, and wants a backup or parts.
Bottom line: It's not doing me any good sitting here taking up space.
Gregory

Gregory Oliver
Junior

- posted March 01, 2017 10:12 AM      Profile for Gregory Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
S O L D !

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC