8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Eumig 800ft Black Take-up Spool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Eumig 800ft Black Take-up Spool
Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:05 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the original black 800ft Eumig take-up spool, as issued with the S940 in 1983 (or ordered as a separate part)?

Many thanks,
Martin

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 10:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Smaller than the rest these, and quite hard to find now too often.
I have one but only the one that came with my S938 unfortunately Martin, or else I'd have helped of course. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 11:17 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Andrew! I've actually just bought an S938, and it came with a 600ft black, plus I already had one anyway in its original red Eumig box. I posted a couple of pics on Reel Magic FB page if you want to take a look at the 938. Beautiful machine - I'm really pleased with it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 01:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed Martin. I will turn my lock up upside down and look through some of my features to just see if I have spare.
I don't believe I have, but you just never know, fingers crossed mate. [Smile]

I will take an eager look Martin straight after the game at your new S938. Lovely machines! 😊😊

[ March 08, 2017, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 05:50 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a number of the Schneider 800ft spools and cans that will fit the Eumig Martin - send me a PM and let me know if you want one or more and I will work out a price for you.

Unfortunately you will find that Elmo & Gepe 800ft spools (my preferred brands) are just slightly too large in diameter for the Eumig.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
They are a little bigger on OD Kevin than the Eumigs,but fair play to you sir for offering help.

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 06:27 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure Andrew as I use Schneider 800ft spools on the Visacustics which also won't take the larger Gepe & Elmo spools - I don't have any Eumig 800ft machines here to test them on unfortunately.

What about Bonum and Noris 800ft ones - any good on Eumigs as I think I have a box of them somewhere here too.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 06:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes mate, the Eumigs are the smallest of any 800ft spool I've ever come across. Speaks volumes in reality mate!

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2017 07:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew

Just found this picture on the Van Eck website which clearly shows Schneider 800ft spools do fit the Eumig 940 (and therefore also the 938).

-

I was sure I had used them on a 938 I had years ago and it was just the Gepe & Elmos that were too big.

Kevin

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2017 06:47 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for the info, Kevin. I'll drop you a PM.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 09, 2017 08:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes well done Kevin, I'm surprised I must admit as I thought the diameter of all the other reels except the cine book type, were larger than the Eumig one but this clearly shows that the Schneider reels fit just as well as the original Eumig ones.

Now to find an original if at all possible for Martin and his lovely new machine! 😊😊

--------------------

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2017 07:36 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use a POSSO reel for my S938. According to the markings on the reel it is supposed to fit 830 feet.

-

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 22, 2017 10:54 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both Posso and Bonum 800ft reels will fit fine on the Eumig 938/940. The Elmo 800ft will fit fine on the front but too large for the back.
Great photo of the 940. These really are great looking projectors. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ended up finding a mint Schneider 800ft (like in the Van-Eck picture) with an original plastic case for a fiver at the Chorleywood show on Saturday (see my pic). I don't think it had ever been used.

-

-

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC