8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eumig 824 - Super 8 sprockets and gate (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Eumig 824 - Super 8 sprockets and gate
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 17, 2017 04:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Maurice...storing the gate isn't a problem...it's the sprockets. Mine did not come with the detached holder for the sprockets so I'm currently storing them in a small plastic container along with the Super 8 reel adapter. Unless you have all the original storage accessories like the box and the plastic storage plate..it's easy for the sprockets to get separated from the projector and lost. [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2017 11:18 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an 807D and an 810D, the 810 comes with two sets of sprockets and two sets of gates where as the 807 comes with one set for super 8 only with the standard 8 ones being fixed to the machine.Also the super 8 gate and sprockets of the 807 look identical to the ones in the photo of the 824 ones.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 20, 2017 12:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jason...I also have a 810D...and as you know Eumig nicely created storage for the unused gate and sprockets. When they added the counter mechanism there wasn't anymore room for storing these items [Frown] The sprockets may look the same, but unfortunately they are not.

--------------------
Janice

Marek Niedzwiedzki
Junior

- posted May 22, 2017 03:53 AM      Profile for Marek Niedzwiedzki   Email Marek Niedzwiedzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jason for this information. That is very useful as 807 are much more popular than 824 :-)

Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2017 11:28 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the gate looks identical but i cant tell if the sprockets are the same as the 824 picture is only of the top of them.If they do fit it should be far easier to find a cheap non working 807 than an 824 for the parts.Heres pictures of my 807 ones, compare them to janices picture of the 824 ones.

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/electric-banana_photos/IMG_1564_zps ebmkz28j.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/electric-banana_photos/IMG_1569_zps rgo9gdsh.jpg[/IMG]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 22, 2017 01:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure enough Jason... the 807 sprockets and gate do look identical to the 824 [Cool] This is encouraging Merek. [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 22, 2017 02:05 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Janice
No, they are not. I had a Eumig 807D for many years and the sprockets are fully complete and not part pieces like the 824 has.
The whole sprocket come off for the change of gauge. The alternate sprockets live in the side panel.

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 22, 2017 06:21 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drats! [Mad] From Jason's pictures...just visually they look identical. What a shame [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

Marek Niedzwiedzki
Junior

- posted May 23, 2017 05:07 AM      Profile for Marek Niedzwiedzki   Email Marek Niedzwiedzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer

Gary Baker
Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2017 05:42 PM      Profile for Gary Baker   Email Gary Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marek,

Just read through this thread and I have the parts you need. I added an 824 to my (growing!) collection of projectors recently and I bought it specifically as a dedicated standard 8 sound machine.

I've already benefited from the good will and knowledge on this board and will happily donate the sprockets and gate to you as I'm hoping to have no use for them. I see you're here in the UK so PM me your address if you're still looking for these parts and I'll pop them in the post.

Gary

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 20, 2017 02:06 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Marek! Let us know if you are able to work something out with Gary. [Smile] [Cool]

--------------------
Janice

Marek Niedzwiedzki
Junior

- posted June 23, 2017 12:15 PM      Profile for Marek Niedzwiedzki   Email Marek Niedzwiedzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Just received parts from Gary.
Using new gate and sprockets I have loaded my projector with super 8 film. It was Once Upon a Time. My kids are occupying projector now :-)

Thanks a lot Gary you made my day today :-D

Best regards.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 23, 2017 12:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Janice

Gary Baker
Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2017 04:55 PM      Profile for Gary Baker   Email Gary Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to help. And glad the kids are into it. My daughter's reaction to me projecting an old black and white film recently was, 'Do you have to imagine the colour?' [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC