8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Fumeo 9145 theater projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 9145 theater projector
Jan Wolski
Junior

- posted September 17, 2017 10:12 AM      Profile for Jan Wolski   Email Jan Wolski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film club Montaasi is selling its Fumeo super8xenon (model 9145) theater projector. The projector is a top of the line model with 500W xenon light source that allows projection to movie theater sized screens.

The projector is located in Finland but shipping is possible via DHL/UPS.

For more info, please see:
https://montaasi.ayy.fi/fumeo/

Asking price 2940€

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 17, 2017 10:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful machine for those with the room to accommodate it. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2017 01:12 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan,

Do you confirm weight for pojector assembly (Machine plus Xenon power Supply) is around 42 Kgs ??

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 20, 2017 07:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Not even close Phil! [Smile]

A hernia inducing 85kg including the power supply, according to a previous owner! [Smile] [Smile]

55kg for the projector, 30kg for the separate power pack. [Wink]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 20, 2017 12:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOOOW...!

If we always say the GS1200 is the Rolls Royce of the projector, what we should call this? Lamborghini?

Anyway this is hardly seen ..so do you have any idea how many units were made by Fumeo?

--------------------
Winbert

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2017 01:39 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re Fumeo 9145 projector, Fumeo produced these projectors to order only
Ive heard quote they cost between £4500 to over £6000 and that they
produced no more than 49 of this model.
Should you wish to see one in action...come to the Blackpool Convention
dinner,Keith Wilton will be presenting his after dinner film show using
one of these very rare and large beasts.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 20, 2017 02:04 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i found this superb review of this machine, (or similar) in an old FFTC. hopefully you folks will enjoy the read as much as i and others have.

Once loaded up i hope you can see it by enlarging, here goes,,

-
 -

I personally cant read it, maybe someone on here can let me know how to upload it so you can actually read it? [Confused]

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2017 02:23 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In reply to Andrew's comment about the weight of the Fumeo 9145,
I have one and looks very like the one being sold in Finland including the power supply unit. and can tell you that the actual weight of the fumeo 9145 including the removable reel arms is a little over 42Kgs, and the power supply unit is a little over 8Kgs.
So not as heavy as perhaps thought ...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 20, 2017 03:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This guy's machine must have been gold plated then David!!😆😆

Either that or those stereo heads, amplifiers and scope brackets sure add to the overall weight! 😅😅

The power pack utilized in his case was a national grid sub station built on the side of his home! 😊

My quotes on the weights were taken from the article posted in FFTC as shown above by Tom.

Can you imagine the size of this mans fish if he were ever to go fishing? [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Mike Blasko
Junior

- posted September 25, 2017 06:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blasko   Email Mike Blasko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one serious Super 8 projector. How hard were these to convert to stereo? According to that ad, stereo was an option?

What an odd lamp. Anyone still have those?

This seems like a major step up from the GS1200, would love to know more about it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 06:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's to Die For" Mike, so long as you own a converted barn with it's own projection booth to site it within.

Nothing else can or ever could, even come close.

The Business with or without Stereo heads and amps fitted [Wink]

I have no facilities for it at this moment in time but the price appeals if the condition of the unit is right.
I may just have to take myself off for a weekend in finland to fully assess this one very soon!

Based on recent and traditional findings regarding kit like this, If i did buy it, it would be carried under my arm every step of the way!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 04:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The units were custom built to order I believe Mike.
That meant the specification was to whatever the customer required.
I have so far seen three only that existed though I'm certain there were quite a few more than this made.

From the three I have seen on paper and read about, two were mono non recording machines, one was stereo and pulse sync capable.

I'm not sure how the last one worked out as ordinarily, these come only with an asynchronous motor and not a dc type, just as this one above does.
Maybe the Stereo model is quite different internally, who knows?

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 06:17 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Id be the worlds happiest bunny if i could afford one of these with simple magnetic mono playback only as long as i could put it through my old pioneer amp in twin speaker mono.

The quality i get from my old pioneer stereo amp via my own 1200HD is outstanding and surpasses almost every projector i have seen and used, the eumig 700 and 800 series are great but hum, the T610 was excellent but the the Elmo sound was much better, the old B&H 8mm forget it,

But something like this monster would be a machine to last forever although like every projector i am sure they still a good old service [Big Grin] [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 06:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The Elmo ST1200HD does have fantastic sound from it Tom.

The only thing I never got to grips with on the audio front of one of these, was the two green output sockets for connecting each track separately to an amplifier.

The yellow one was fine as it came from the pre amp on these but the twin track green sockets, I never liked.
I found the sound output way too low to ever get a decent input from it.
Whenever I tried boosting the signal levels, the external noise surpassed the actual track.

As a standalone machine though, just using it's own internal speaker, the HD is up there with the very best.
It has nice large oval speaker with a powerful crisp amplifier behind it that produces great tones at both ends of the spectrum.

It is quite similar to The Fujicasope SH 30 in its quality of sound straight from the box, so to speak.
It too sounds fantastic and very very powerful with a decent magnetic mono track and the seperate Bass and Treble controls work really well on these.

Many of the larger Stereo machines do not sound as good just using their own internal monitor speakers as these tend to be very small given that there are two of these fitted into a similar sized footprint.
Once slaved out though, the Stereo models can and do sound terrific and the output levels from each channel are always what they ought to be, taken directly from the pre amp section of the projectors stereo amplifier.

I personally, love the models that allow us all to do both,..
play both tracks through two external speaker cabinets using the projectors own built in Stereo amplifier and then also on top and simultanously, slave out in stereo via a 5 Pin din lead to two Phono plugs straight into a Stereo Amplifier at correct line levels. Just superb! [Wink]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 07:30 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice machine.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 01:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were these machines noisy whilst running?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 04:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bit! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

500w Xenon!!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC