8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Anamorphic Lens Wanted (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anamorphic Lens Wanted
Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 03:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello John

I can help you as I have a couple of sleeves for the Iscomorphot which will bring its rear barrel diameter up to the 42mm bracket size you already have for your Beaulieu.

I used these myself to fit a couple of Iscomorphots I had years ago to Eiki 16mm projectors - I kept the sleeves hoping they would come in handy one day and it looks as if they now have.

These are free by the way - I can post them to you tomorrow.

Best regards, Kevin.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 03:40 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another Top top Man! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 03:41 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Kevin.that is very kind of you,but let me give you something for the sleeves,regards John.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 03:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I insist John they are free to you - Andrew knows I like to help when I can and I have more films and cine gear here than I ever have time to regularly use so it is nice to make use of such items.

Let me know how you get on with them when they arrive.

All the best, Kevin

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,I don,t know what to say,if you want to sell any super8 sound films please make a list and email it to me,thank you once again John.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 05:17 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice projector Andrew why not show a scope film on it on a 12ft screen at blackpool on the Friday night .also I had a call tonight of a guy offering me 50 super 8 features and we got talking he said standard 8 scope would knock the spots of super 8 would this be right Andrew only trouble was there was a lot more super 8 features on offer

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 11:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't say I have seen a standard 8mm Scope presentation so I really wouldn't know how good the image quality would be.
Much seems to simply depend on the quality of the negative used and the resulting sharpness of print based on what Alan was saying regarding Titanic etc etc.

I've heard many wax lyrical about the Standard 8mm image quality beating that of a similar print on Super 8mm David, but in theory, based on the same reasons as to why 16mm image quality generally outperforms Super 8mm, then that should equally apply to Super 8mm film vs Standard 8mm film simply because the image size is larger.

For exhibition presentation, a projector such as any I own David, is far less than ideal as what you really need is the power of Xenon like what Keith uses at BFCC and like what David has presented already at one of your events in the the shape of the magnificent Fumeo 9145 with its eye popping 500w Xenon lamp power.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Kevin,the sleeves came today,what a great fit,thank you very very much,best regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 30, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC