8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Looking for: Eumig Universal Re-Recording Lead Cable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for: Eumig Universal Re-Recording Lead Cable
Joe Wein
Junior

- posted January 23, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Joe Wein   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Wein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi - I am looking for a cable that will go into the External Sound jack of the Eumig 810D, so I can hook it up to my recorder. Anyone has one, please let me know!

Thanks,
Joe

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 03:30 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used a 5 pin din plug, are they still available?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 08:31 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can you post a picture of what the cable lead plug in looks like? I may have one.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Joe Wein
Junior

- posted January 24, 2018 10:32 AM      Profile for Joe Wein   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Wein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys,

I went to my electronics store and I just know a MIDI plug didn't fit (but looked like it would). It needs to fit in this (those 2 plugs in bottom right of machine):

-

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 11:26 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you have success in another thread but the lead is the DIN (Deuche Industre Normelstraden/German Industrial Standard, my German is bad) which is similar, but different pin spacing, than the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) socket.

Joe Wein
Junior

- posted January 24, 2018 11:36 AM      Profile for Joe Wein   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Wein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! Thank you Brian! No one at 2 different audio/electronic stores I went to yesterday knew that...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 24, 2018 11:52 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeahhh...

This one is an oldie, but a goody, especially in North America. I could swear I bought these connectors at Radio Shack when I was a teenager, but just like Radio Shack itself, they are hard to find these days!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 02:37 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a few of these, 3 pin, Mono, 5 pin, Stereo, and you could get a 5 pin din, with 2x3.5mm jack plugs at the other end, so that you could record to or from your computer. You can find these on Ebay, at least in the UK.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe mine is a 3 pin FYI

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Joe Wein
Junior

- posted January 25, 2018 11:45 AM      Profile for Joe Wein   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Wein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you everyone for all the help!

Does this look like something that would work to connect from projector to 1/4":

https://www.amazon.com/DIN-Male-Playing-Electronic-Musical-Instrument/dp/B01KVIZTW4/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516902227&sr=1-8&keywords=5+pin+din+male+cable

Thanks!

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 05:58 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have checked on my 810d,and you do need a 5 pin din with the pins 180 degrees.you can get them 240 degrees!
the lead you show looks like its 180,so the correct type.
The Eumig socket is recessed quite a lot,so you may have to cut away at the casing on the din plug, so that you can push it fully home.

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 01:02 PM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Is this what you need? 5 Pins

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Georg Muller
Junior

- posted April 02, 2018 03:58 AM      Profile for Georg Muller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mr Wein,
I am facing the same problem. Did you find the correct lead?
Kenable UK sells a cable : 5 pin DIN plug to 3,5 mm jack stereo audio cable 50cm for 0,86 £.
Does it fit?
In my projector spec. it is written that they use only the pins 2 and 3 (shielding). I guess it is mono.
Did you connect your projector directly to the mike( 3.5 mm jack) inlet of your computer with the help of the cable or is an intermediate device required between projector and pc?
Your help is welcome.
Best regards.
Georg

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 02, 2018 11:47 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good tip regarding Kenable - their prices are certainly good. Website: https://www.kenable.co.uk/

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC