8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FS: GE DLD/DFZ projector lamp NOS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: GE DLD/DFZ projector lamp NOS
Timothy Fransky
Junior

- posted August 17, 2018 04:43 PM      Profile for Timothy Fransky   Email Timothy Fransky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is new old stock. 30V 80W. I tested in B&H projector. Works perfectly. Zero hours on it. $80CAD (obo)

I should point out that shipping to the UK and Europe is actually quite reasonable.

[ August 20, 2018, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Timothy Fransky ]

|  IP: Logged

Timothy Fransky
Junior

- posted August 18, 2018 03:53 PM      Profile for Timothy Fransky   Email Timothy Fransky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 22, 2018 06:06 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's such a pity that replacement lamps for old obsolete projectors are so now expensive and worth much more than the actual projector. Even with such conversions which are shown below the cost is still very high.
http://store.tvedenlampmodules.com/DLD -DFZ-PROJECTOR-LAMP-TVEDEN-PLUG-IN-MODULE-30V80W-for-Bell-Howell-467-469-471-478-497-P3162387.aspx
However, at least lamps are out there, even as I said, at a price. But the same cannot be said for most of the 9.5mm projectors made by/for Pathescope. Their lamps were exclusive to Pathescope models, and since Pathescope's demise in 1960, now impossible to obtain new.
The only way to keep these old projectors running is to convert them to use readily obtainable lamps, but this will no doubt mean the need of a new transformer, which may be too big to fit inside the projector. It will have to be housed separately. All of this will be at a price.
To me, I feel that the answer is to scrap any such projectors and replace them with a model that still uses modern lamps.

--------------------
Maurice

Timothy Fransky
Junior

- posted August 22, 2018 10:21 AM      Profile for Timothy Fransky   Email Timothy Fransky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pricing is insane, that's true. I'm interested to see what happens with Kodak's new Super 8 project. I've read about a planned Kodak webstore/community to order stock, return it for processing/scanning, and share the results. That can only work if it's affordable.

Back on topic, I'm quite open to making deals on this lamp. I'd trade for super 8 film stock, for instance.

Timothy Fransky
Junior

- posted September 20, 2018 12:21 PM      Profile for Timothy Fransky   Email Timothy Fransky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, let's drop the price to $50 CAD and see if that moves things along a bit.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC