8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo GS1200 Scratch parts (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 Scratch parts
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2018 01:38 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Film Slots part# p412675
2. Sprocket Shoe part# 4p20646& 4p20646b
3. Thread Button part# 4p31926
4. Sound Head press assembly#4p8gs0027
5. Mid Tension Assembly part#p413598
6. Sound Head part #4E31043
7. Head Film Guild part #p412822

These are the main parts that will scratch film when worn.

Prices:
1. 39.95 Each
2. 54.95 Each
3. 39.95 Each
4. 54.95 Each
5. 39.95 Each
6. 185.00 Each
7. 38.95 Each

I have plenty of parts available for the GS1200 all parts are brand new and in stock.

Thank You
Leon Norris

[ September 29, 2018, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Leon Norris ]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2018 09:54 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon, is there any way you can put some good photos up of these culprits? Thanks!

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2018 01:06 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thinking too Bill, I know some of the parts, but photo's speak a thousand words, and will help sales, projectors I have spares not so ....

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 30, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon, pm sent please

Zachary Greenberg
Junior

- posted September 30, 2018 03:29 PM      Profile for Zachary Greenberg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon- I am interested in getting your spare Elmo Sound Head, but I seem to not able to PM you...

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 06:29 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the service manual: the numbers on the GS-1200 photo correspond to the part numbers provided by Leon.

-

[ October 01, 2018, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Burton Sundquist ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 30, 2018 09:11 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burton,

Thank you! That makes it very clear.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2018 12:44 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Douglas. I should add that my part No.1 is actually the replacement offered by Van Eck. The smaller screw on the guide holds a small feed roller, providing smoother and quieter feed action. It was good to see Leon's post. Praise to all our parts providers.

[ October 01, 2018, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Burton Sundquist ]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2018 07:28 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Burton. VERY well done! Thanks much.

Zachary Greenberg
Junior

- posted October 02, 2018 10:12 PM      Profile for Zachary Greenberg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon- still having trouble sending private messages. Regardless, can you reserve the Elmo sound head itself (not the assembly, just the mag stripe stereo head) for me?

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let everyone know that all parts are selling fast so all you GS1200 owners better get on the ball because once these parts are gone they are gone they are not being made anymore so please reply

Thank You
Leon Norris

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 12:45 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon,
Just to inform you,
I got the parts. We are fortunate to have you on board . Thanks,
Burton.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2018 11:31 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to thank all the Interest in these parts that can scratch film! I was really surprised by the response! These GS1200 parts are selling very well! I still have all film path parts! In stock! So Remember All Parts are Brand NEW! I still have arms, legs handles, circuit boards, knobs, pressure plates, Aperture plates, sound heads, rollers,relays,solenoids, Amp I C,s ,ESS Assy. Governor circuit boards, switches, micro switches, and more! Contact me if you need anything! Also I will take trades on films super 8 sound only! Or part trade part cash! Leon Norris

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bought some items from Leon and thought it would be helpful to include some pictures of the "NEW" parts to protect my prints from scratches. These were meant to be fitted to my GS-1200.

Oh Yeah, it would probably be helpful to mention that Leon DOES NOT accept returns. He offered to inspect and possibly replace with another part. However, even though these items are advertised as new, he stated that he does not accept returns since they are used items (kind of confused me, maybe miscommunication. But Leon stands by the fact that they are new. My eyes feel otherwise).

I hope members of this forum find this information helpful. Thank you.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 11:45 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you were told Evan the parts were in a big plastic bag! Thatsthe Elmo sent them to me. I told to send them back. And I would replace them! I have plenty of those parts in stock!And I told you anything that is used is sold as is! No refunds! And that's that! Leon Norris

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 11:56 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Leon, they were in one single ziplock bag, all together but loose. One did actually have a terribly mauled plastic bag closed by a single staple. I will give you that.

You said anything used is sold as is... however, this thread is for BRAND NEW parts, and even the invoice you sent me stated NEW under PART, so which is it Leon, are they new, or used?

You are free to stand by your word that these parts are new. Individuals of this forum can use the pictures provided to understand what BRAND NEW SCRATCH FREE PARTS from Leon Norris look like. And that's that on my end! Thanks! Evan Samaras.

*Edited to include the following receipt accompanying the purchase. Note the Parts marked as NEW
The film related circle on the bottom is for a topic in a different subsection.
 -

[ November 12, 2018, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Evan Samaras ]

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Evan I told before the parts all came in one big bag from Elmo! I take the parts out of bag and put in zip lock bags. Because they fit just right for parts. You got it! I'm not going to keep repeating my self! You understand English! Leon Norris

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 04:57 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those parts don't look new ...they look used and worn in the film path. [Confused]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 11:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Evan

If the pictures are anything to go by they look to me as "used" not new. Since you were charged for new, and if the mistake was genuine then it would be right if Leon just send you the new parts that you ordered and paid for in the first place.

Evan.. I will enclose some old photos of guides that I replaced for wear a while ago, as this is really the reason for replacing them in the first place, could you post some photos of those parts you just received, exactly as shown in the area below. That will show us how much wear they might already have...

Note.. that flat area of wear...that's the bottom guide held on with one screw. If you can show us a photo of that same spot that would be great.
 -
This is what you should be looking for...this is a close up..
 -
Its the same part as the last photo just brought the camera back to a different position. If those parts shown have wear anything like this they cant be used unless modified.
 -

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 09:50 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Whom it my concern, I told Evan to return the parts. And I would replace them. All film path parts are new! Elmo had all these parts in one big bag! I had these parts sense 1999. I got all there parts back then! So I gave Evan an option! So he knows!
I have not heard from yet! Leon Norris

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, I'd like to thank everyone for their support. Whether it has been public or through private messages. It is because of this community that I am gaining a better understanding of what to look for.

Graham, thank you for the details. I did my best to capture similar pictures. I can say for sure that two pieces are used and worn, without a doubt! One piece may actually be in good condition, but maybe you can offer your opinion on the matter.

1. NEW Film Slot
In the images you can clearly see the wear of the film against the side wall in the first picture.
The additional picture shows other wear and grime!
 -
 -

2. NEW Thread Button.
Earlier post shows the grime between the ridges! These pictures shows a bit more of the warp and grime.
 -
 -

3. NEW Sprocket Side #2
I have to say, this appears to be the cleanest piece. There is some wear on the exterior in the form of scratch and dirt, but the film path looks almost very clean. This is the piece that actually came in the mauled plastic bag closed by a single staple. Opinions?
 -
 -
 -

In response to Leon, yes there was an offer to exchange the parts. HOWEVER, if you are standing by your word that these are ALL NEW PARTS, EVEN AFTER THESE PICTURES, THAT CLEARLY SHOW USE, then I would rather save my money than spend it on shipping for items that will be in the same condition! I will just be throwing away even more money on shipping! I think this will make sense to others as well. You said No refunds on used items. However, according to you, these are NEW items, so then refund could be an option. I again offered to cover shipping in both directions, which I thought was MORE than fair considering items were not as described.

I have a direct question for you Leon. Based on these pictures. Are you still firm on the idea that ALL of these parts that you sent me were New and Unused as advertised?

Also, Leon, if you haven't seen the Exorcist thread, maybe you should hop on over and see the screen shots of the "good color" print, instead of pushing me to re-record it and sell it. I did not join this hobby to work at re-recording films for sale. I want to collect films I enjoy projecting! Maybe you have an actual good color print of the Exorcist to exchange as well? [Big Grin] I'm not sure what your excuse on the print is, but you have only been ignoring addressing it.

Thank you again everyone. I hope this thread has been helpful.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 04:37 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Evan ,I have not been Ignoring you! You can put up all the photos you want. If you think your hurting me . then you must have lost your mind! Because I'm tough as nails! I told you what to do with the parts. If you don't want to send them back for exchange than that's on you! Also the part that was sealed called Sprocket shoe #2. That is new! Look and you'll see! All sprocket shoes are sealed by Elmo! All other film parts . like film path parts came in a big plastic bag!As for the film it did have.
Color .It was not Red like that! I use a Modified GS1200 with two blade shutter! I would have noticed it! As You were told SOLD AS IS! Anything that is USED! Is sold as is!Anything NEW like parts can be exchange for new parts! That sums it up! Leon Norris

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 06:40 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon,

I am interested in buying some of the parts such as the sound head part and sound head press assembly but I have not because I am not sure how to tell if my assembly needs replacing.

However, after seeing how this situation has been handled, I am not sure if I would purchase the parts.

On the first picture that Evan uploaded, it shows a scratch on the wall of that front guide. That is obviously a used part that came from a GS-1200. For those of you who may not know, that is one of the spots where the film rubs into the guide and leave that distinct scratch on the side of the wall.

-

It says in your original post that all parts are new but that obviously was not the case as far as this front guide. Add on top of that the fact that some of the parts were received dirty, I would not want an exchange. I would want a full refund.

Furthermore, there is the exorcist print that you says has good color but is obviously red that you sold him.

If there was only one item that had a problem, I think Evan would be more understanding and ready to just do an exchange.
eBay has a policy that items not as described can be returned for a full refund and I would expect nothing less on this forum.

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 07:16 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Jason. This is a small community. Leon is hurting his own sales, future sales, reputation and integrity. We’ve all had unhappy buyers, and been unhappy buyers. Just admit it was an error, do the right thing and accept the return.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 13, 2018 08:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Evan

Thanks for posting those photos.

I had a look at my new part I have had for a few years now, that's Item 2 Shoe 4p20646. What Leon sent you is indeed a new part which these days is well worth keeping.

However Item 1 film slot and the Threading button Item 3 both show signs of film wear I don't believe are new, but used parts from another GS1200.

If Leon could swap items one and three with new ones, as that's what you did pay for shown in your receipt that would be great.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC