8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » GOKO RM 8008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOKO RM 8008
Bill Proctor
Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2018 08:55 AM      Profile for Bill Proctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a GOKO RM 8008 that I bought on line from Italy. It is 240 Volts and the motor runs slow when plugged into 110-120 volt outlet.
Is there someone who services these machines that can change the voltage to 110-120 volts? The machine is immaculate and everything works except the FPS is much slower with the 240 volt setup.
Thanks in advance..
Bill

--------------------
US Army
Combat Motion Picture Photographer,
Vietnam, 1966-1967.
Trained at the US Army Pictorial Center, Astoria New York. 1965-1966, Which is now the Kaufman Astoria Motion Picture Studios.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 30, 2018 05:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you buy step down (voltage converter)? it is much easier and cheaper.

Remember that the electric cycles (Frequency) in Italy is 50hz while the USA is 60 hz. If you succeed to change the voltage, the frequency cycles remains the same. A frequency converter is indeed available but it is veeeeerry expensive.

I don't know how sensitive is editor to the frequency issue but some devices are really sensitive with it, resulting you cannot use it at all, such as TV (shows flicker), clock (runs slower), bulb (dimmer) etc.

What I knew a projector is sensitive to the freq so e.g a ST-1200 if we runs in different freq we need to move the belt to a smaller/bigger pulley which I don't think is available in a editor.

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC