8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Help with Elmo ST800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with Elmo ST800
Jiyuan Sun
Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2019 04:09 PM      Profile for Jiyuan Sun   Author's Homepage   Email Jiyuan Sun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys

Just bought a Elmo ST800 Projector from Ebay, a guys selling his grandfather's legacy, and he didn't know how to use and check them. When it came to my flat and got plugged, the machine worked in the first 5 seconds and bulb didn't light. And then the machine also stopped.

The level meter is always in the -10v. And I've already changed the new bulb and it still didn't work. Would you guys mind giving some advice to me? Should I change the belt? The longer one is white, old fashioned with gear and sticky by grease. Or should I change the fuse also? Totally confused about it.

Or do you guys know any person could fix it around London or UK?

Thanks a lot!

--------------------
Jiyuan

|  IP: Logged

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 05:14 AM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jiyuan,

There is many check you can do alone before going to a repairman who can be very expensive.

Does the motor run, do you hear noise coming from the projector ?

First clean it (grease, dust, …), during this step you can check if Nothing is blocke the motor. And every gear are intact. Check the belt, it's need to be tight.

After you can check the fuse, you can do it with your eyes , juste look inside the fuse. There is a small wire if it's Moving it's means it's broken. You can also check it with a multimetre if you have one.
You can also use this multimetre to check if there are electricitie going to the lamp and how much ( you need 12V).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 07, 2019 05:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would check the fuse first 😉

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC