8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Happiest Days of Your Life.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happiest Days of Your Life.
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2005 02:15 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
80 Minutes, 5 x 400ft Super 8 BW/Sound. Originally supplied by Powell Films Limited 89 Trelowarren Street, Cambourne, Cornwall. For £65.

quote:

The plot concerns a ministry mistake which results in a superior girls school being billeted on an equally elite boys school - and the hilarious chaos that results. Alistair Sim is at his best as the headmaster and good old Margaret Rutherford dithers around in her tweeds as only she can. Joyce Grenfell is one of the girls teachers, Miss Gossage, and makes a marvellous entrance. As the staff of the girls school approach their new home, it seems to be deserted. Entering the grand hall, Miss Rutherford spots a dinner gong and suggests that a tap on it may attract some attention. Joyce leaps forward, seizes the hammer and over enthusiastically gives the gong one hell-of-a-whack. Rutherford splutters “ I said a tap Gossage a tap. You’re not introducing a film”.

… Apart from some wear toward the end of one reel, print quality is excellent as is the sound. Highly recommended.

Bill Davison, Movie Maker - June 1980

Just run my copy through and fully agree with everything Bill said in 1980. The quality on the whole is very good given the age of the film, the focus is a little soft in places and the registration of the film seems to drift fractionally exposing a masking line down the left hand side of the screen - but that’s me being hyper critical. It’s a great film and very re-watchable, I specially enjoy Margaret Rutherfords explanation to the children’s Parents of the three “girly” pictures that they discover on the inside of one of the ‘mistresses’ lockers!

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2005 05:29 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite comedy!

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC