8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Guns For San Sabastian 3 x 400ft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guns For San Sabastian 3 x 400ft
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2005 03:23 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GUNS FOR SAN SEBASTIAN - three 17 minute consecutive parts - Super 8 colour/sound. Originally distributed by Walton Films Ltd. For; (RRP £42.12 each), discount - £69.95 complete.

quote:
Here is the surprise of my recent viewings. Not having seen it at the cinema, I must admit that as I fed it into my Eumig I thought: “Here goes, another run-of-the mill Western,” and settled back expecting to be bored for fifty minutes. How wrong can you be - I found it one of the most entertaining three-parters released to date! Filmed in Mexico ( 1968 ) by the French producer/director team of Jacques Bar and Henri Verneuil, it stars two tremendous box office names, Anthony Quinn and Charles Bronson. Add to these a haunting musical score by Ennio ( ‘Dollar’ ) Morricone and the result is a home cinema winner!…

…A smashing epic in every sense of the word , charged with excitement which never flags. This is one featurette where three parts are fully justified. Add to this really excellent colour and sound and you have my joint ‘pick of the month’. A rattling good yarn for any audience!

Bill Davision - Movie Maker December 1980

This really is a great film, genuinely exciting and well acted. The story is based on a case of mistaken identity - Anthony Quinn plays a rogue who is thought to be a priest. He is adopted by the villagers of San Sebastian and despite his un-godly ways leads them to victory in the fight to save their village.

The edit is very good making the story flow with very little evidence that anything is missing. The picture is pin sharp and the sound is truly belting. Such a shame that my copy at least has started to turn red [Frown] .

Mike

[ March 14, 2005, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Mike Peckham ]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 14, 2005 08:13 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heyyy, I've noticed this title before, I think on Derann's used-film lists... now I'll really be looking for it [Smile] Sounds like a great story!

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2006 08:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
great western with strong peformances from quinn and bronson;but again mine has some colour fade.a pity.andy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC