8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » SINBAD EYE OF TIGER PICCOLO & U.S. COMBINED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SINBAD EYE OF TIGER PICCOLO & U.S. COMBINED
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2005 02:59 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a child of the 70's I ADORE this film...WHo doesn't? Ray Harryhausen and fantasy...incredible. I was thrilled with the 400 foot U.S. release, until i heard of a Sinbad 2 x 400 foot release from germany...hmm, where to find it? Andreas of WWW.MOVIES-AND-SOUND.COM was good enough to locate it for me. Let me tell you, AMAZING! First off the Picture quality is simply superior to the U.S., the negative material used for the GErman Piccolo print is SHARPER and CLEANER, and MASKED for a SLight WIDESCREEN. The film stock used is AFGA if not mistaken, GREAT COLOR. As for the editing...PERFECT! The best thing is this, MOST of the 400 foot U.S. release can be EDITED into the Piccolo Release. I was left with 50 feet or less of the U.S. print in hand. Much of the Violence had been toned down in the piccolo print, but was retained in the U.S. version. Well, A few clean edits, and one ends up with the most complete Sinbad and the eye of the tiger imaginable. i LOVE editing films together from different sources, then re-recording them with the Original track. The Piccolo prints are in German, BUT,I have found these piccolo prints are actually much easier to re-record than the american digests. the american digests are usually simply VERY short cuts of a scene, but the Piccolo Editors really have taken much more care in thier editing. Once the american and german versions are edited into place and re-recorded, there really is nothing like it. GREAT FUN to premiere.
The GERMAN Print has too many scenes to mention, here are a few...The return of ZENOBIA as the seagull, and NOT enough potion for a full recovery,MORe MINATON action, MUCh more dialogue with main characters on the ship,Ape playing chess on ship with Princess Farah, much more.I hope this has helped a few of you, and encourages you to re edit your favorite film, into something even more FUN! I will review all my films which i have re-edting, Hope that'll be fun for you. thanks, Rob  -

[ May 15, 2005, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Robert Aragon ]

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2005 06:47 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool Robert. I also enjoy editing and re-recording the digests. It can be a reel pain sometimes, but when you get it right, the pay-off is worth it!

Clash of the Titans would be a good one to work on too.

Nick.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2005 08:40 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree Nick, glad you mentioned "CLASH of the Titans", that was MY first re-recording...and one of the BEST i redid. AMAZING! Actually we watched it at my home last week. From a Digital laserdisc, and sounds like it. rob

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC