8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Master & Commander (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Master & Commander
Uwe Brengel
Junior

- posted May 30, 2005 08:24 AM      Profile for Uwe Brengel   Author's Homepage   Email Uwe Brengel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mr. Clancy,
are there only 20 pre-orders for "M&C"? Unbelievable!
I did order a print of this new release in April. Know there is a minimum number of six or seven friends of myself here in Germany who did order it too. But I hope there are any more (also world-wide).
We all should take a print to allow for more new Derann feature releases.
Regards from Germany

Uwe Brengel
editor "Movie"
http://www.lumiereev.de [Smile] [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2005 01:53 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone from the US order this one yet. Im thinking about it.

Does it have to be a pre order??

I may wait until it ships to hear some feed back to make sure there are no early problems. Shipping back and forth can be costly on top of the premium we will have to pay here so I want to get one perfect print the first time if I go for it.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 30, 2005 02:39 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be very surprised if it HAD to be a pre-order. Sure they have enough pre-orders by now to be able to go ahead with "mass production" (a bit of a stretch, maybe [Big Grin] )?
If I go for this one it won't be for several months as my wife's old car is going to car heaven and we have just had to fork out a down payment for a new 2005 Ford Taurus SE plus now we have an extra monthly payment which is rather beefy. [Frown]

(It sure is a damn nice car, though.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone.I am interested but am going to wait and see what the actual price is.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 30, 2005 08:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No it doesnt have to be on Pre order but Derann to date have 20 firm orders.
The main point is that if they get the support from us collectors then there could be further releases. Maybe for those that can't afford the complete feature there could be an extract released. We will need to badger Derann for that. Dont forget that if anyone wants to email Derann they wont get a reply unless they put DFS in the subject line. That way it wont get treated as spam. duncan@derann.co.uk should be able to give you prices.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2005 09:50 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like a truly wonderful theatrical quality release, especially in the 8mm format. Glad to hear that the attendees of the BFCC, were able to witness this unbelievable quality.
I do hope that Derann will consider to create more titles in S8 Sound with this stunning quality in the future. [Smile]

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2005 05:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uwe, good on you and your pals for putting the orders in. I can't quite believe the interest this title has generated. I did consider when I saw it on its theatrical release that it was the best film I had seen for many years so if there was a film warranting a Super 8 release then this is it.

Once Derann get the first batch of prints they may sell another 20 copies which should certainly have made the process worthwhile. There aren't many of us collectors left in the world so 20(ish) pre-orders is an amazing response.

And my understanding is the cost is £350.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Uwe Brengel
Junior

- posted May 31, 2005 06:54 AM      Profile for Uwe Brengel   Author's Homepage   Email Uwe Brengel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello John,
I hope that this new release will be economical so Derann will release more feature films again.
"The courage to do the impossible lies in the hearts of men."
[Wink]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2005 10:15 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From Kevin: Maybe for those that can't afford the complete feature there could be an extract released.
A bunch of us US guys should pitch in for one print and each get a few reels the equivalent of a nice extract then rotate once a month and in a few months we will have seen the whole movie [Razz]

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2005 01:09 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listening to you gents talk about this new release and the cash outlay involved makes me feel like a second class citizen. I need a new line of work, an engineers salary doesn't meet the needs of the kids, spouse and my hobbies. [Big Grin]

Has anyone received their copy yet, how does it screen?

Regards

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 09, 2005 12:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,
My sentiments exactly! I guess you will just have to get a second job to support your film purchasing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2005 04:07 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do love this excellent film, and I could understand why Derann chose it for a super 8mm feature release(as it concerns the British navy); but I assume there will be no buyers from France... [Wink] I will definitely consider buying a print when my finances allow. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC