8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » King Kong (2005) trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: King Kong (2005) trailer
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 28, 2005 12:37 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With all the buzz surrounding Derann's recent releases, one must not forget that Classic Home Cinema are also making great efforts to offer new titles to the hobbyist.

I purchased the trailer to Peter Jackson's King Kong at the last BFCC and it was the very first reel to be projected as soon as I got home.

This is the 2 and a half minute trailer that was released earlier this summer, featuring a quick succession of mouth watering shots (hideous prehistoric beasts, mayhem in NYC, even a few glipses at the big K himself), confirming that Jackson's movie promises to be a great hommage to the original Shoedsack and Cooper production.

This trailer is released in beautiful cinemascope (anamorphic lens needed). Although it is very, very slightly on the greenish/blueish side (like most of the new releases nowadays), the print offers vivid colours. Sharpness is excellent and, apparently, the source material was top-notch.
Sound (mono) is a bit weak, though. But a high-resolution version of this trailer (in 24 fps) can be downloaded from the Internet and retracking this trailer in cracking stereo is child's play (my print is now booming though my home theater system).
Trailer opens with a rather kitschy "coming soon" animated card.

This is an excellent (and affordable) new release from CHC. Every Kong fan out there should have it!

JM

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2005 02:02 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently heard the movie when released will be over 3 hours long. Make sure to have some Chicuitas with you after the popcorn is done :-)

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 28, 2005 09:37 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over 3 hours long? So was Titanic... I don't suppose the lights go out in Manhattan and then the city splits in half before it sinks into the earth? [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC