8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » the car-1x400ft scope.17mins.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the car-1x400ft scope.17mins.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2006 07:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
here is one of my fave rave movies dating back to 1977.the movie was directed by eliot silverstein and stars james brolin and kathleen lloyd.after a good selection of original titles,we see two cyclists riding along the highway when out of nowhere a large black car comes up along side.it clips the young girl cyclist and she goes into a wall.then the camera inside the car with tinted windscreen follows the young boy as the car clips his rear wheel and he goes flying over the bridge.the car hoots its horn.we move to a hitch-hiker thuming a lift.in the distance he sees a car approaching and hopes to get lucky.the car just misses him;and as he curses it,it stops and reverses and runs over him.we then cut to a school parade.as the school childern play their instruments a very strong wind comes up.the horses get spooked and the car comes crashing thru the billboards looking for blood.the people make to the local graveyard;but the car doesnt or wont cross into it.the police arrive;as the car speeds off.two police cars give chase;thinking theyve got him,but the car back flips and crashes into them.the police cars burst into flames.next we cut to the teachers house,and as shes on the phone the car crashes thru her house taking her out.this is to much for the local sheriff(brolin),so he sets a trap.the car is lured out to the quarry where it leaps spectaculary over the edge.the following explosion is no ordinary car fire as mutli coloured flames shoot into the sky accompanied by sinister roars.could the driver have been the devil himself?.this was a well edited two reeler from universal eight ,as well as being a crackering film ;sadly though mine has some colour fade,but the sound is excellent.this in my view is still worth seeking out on the second hand lists.perrys movies have the flat verison on their list this month for a mere £8.00 sterling.youll not be disapointed with this tale of man vs machine.a very underrated movie in my view.very highly recommend.andy.

|  IP: Logged

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2006 07:14 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, it's impossible for me to read your reviews till the end [Frown] . Whenever I start, I give up.
If you could use paragraphs and separate sentences it would be far more enjoyable.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2006 07:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks.i think i will do that from now on.thanks again andy.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 30, 2006 10:08 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the full feature not too long ago... it kind of dragged on too long without much happening, until the end that is. So a 400ft digest of it with all the good scenes makes great sense. [Smile] I liked reading your review Andrew [Smile] Though I must confess that Dimitrios has a point... the one thing you could do is use more spaces, particularly after punctuation. Note for example how in this post, after every period and comma there follows a space. Making for better reading. Much, much better reading. Erm. Yes. I think you get the, er, idea. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2006 06:17 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the review.

I had this U-8 digest back in the 70's. In fact, it was my most requested one to show at school and to friends. By the early 80's, it was so worn out, I actually had to throw it away. (I did not take good care of my films as a young teen [Roll Eyes] .

A super 8 company in Austrailia still has CINEVISION scope prints of this digest for sale, still factory sealed [Eek!] .

It's a little steap though ($75 U.S.). I don't know how well the colors would have held up. Still, I'm very tempted to take a gamble. Havent decided yet though.

Nick.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2006 10:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
james why dont you try perry movies for the second hand print.andy.and yes mine is worn out too.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 31, 2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick,

If you meant that the Australian company was the one based in Sydney (Elisabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW), I have physically visited that shop but no one was there. Could you advise me where did you get that information (any website please).

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 31, 2006 11:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

That site, "Films on Super 8", can be found here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2006 10:18 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug. Yep, thats the one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC