8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Gojira (Aka: Godzilla, King of the Monsters)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gojira (Aka: Godzilla, King of the Monsters)
Dan Pinto
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2007 10:21 PM      Profile for Dan Pinto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Early in 2006 I put in an order for a 5x600 Super 8mm film of GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS. Needless to say, I had to pay a bundle for it but when I received it...it was worth it!

I was certainly expecting to receive the severly edited but highly entertaining USA version of the film Starring Raymond Burr.

Turns out it was a German dubbed version of the original Japanese film GOJIRA!

Although there are no subtitles it is very enjoyable, obviously Godzilla's attack on Tokyo is the high point of the film.

The film is complete, except for one brief snip of Godzilla holding a train car in his mouth, it is not a splice, it was excisced from the German cut of the film. There are 2 inserts of mock German newspaper headlines at various point of the film, and the title card simply reads Godzilla over the original Japanese credits.

Obviously the cornerstone of my collection, GOJIRA is not to be missed on any format!

--------------------
If you stew cranberries like applesauce, it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does!

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2007 04:28 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan- Thanks for the review.

From where did you obtain your super 8 print?

Dan Pinto
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2007 07:40 AM      Profile for Dan Pinto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got it from Classic Home Cinema, the staff there were very supportive when it took just a little extra time to print it. I dont know if they still offer it, but if they do, pick it up, its great!

danny

--------------------
If you stew cranberries like applesauce, it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC