8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Airplane 1980 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Airplane 1980
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 19, 2019 11:09 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there is VFR Visual Flight Rules which I did way back in the 1970s [Roll Eyes] then there is Instrument Flying, something I never moved onto, but in this movie they have a whole new approach to that subject [Big Grin]
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2019 08:53 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's a completely different kind of flying!"

"-altogether!"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 20, 2019 04:49 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that brilliant number "Stayin Alive" by the Bee Gees in the film, well while we were on a first aid course for the bus company, they taught us all CPR. The thing was the get the timing right for the number of chest compressions. What they did was to play "Sayin Alive" while we practiced CPR on the dummy.

Try it... the timing to the music works.

I must say though that some of the lady drivers present, did add a bit of flair to there interpretation of doing it [Big Grin]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2019 07:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True: I did my CPR refresher a few months back.

Stayin' Alive it is!

"The Hospital!...What is it?!"

"-that's the big building where doctors work, but that's not important right now!"

Trivia: James Doohan once played Ted Stryker.

-in a radio production of Zero Hour!, which Airplane! parodies.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC